Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XIV
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XIV
(08-30-2019, 08:37 PM)robkelk Wrote: I see that, despite the number of times it has been explained by more than one person, DocColress still thinks that the issue is with that one page that I moved after following the process.

Maybe the post I just made might get through. I certainly hope so.

But if it doesn't... I really don't need the stress of trying to work with somebody who refuses to read what is actually written.

It's a good thing I decided to centralize the hashing out on this topic because I can identify the following ills that need to be addressed.

1. We really need to hammer out some detailed boundaries for the CM pages, so detailed there is no debating what needs done for admin or troper. Lack of this was part of the problem and the origins of this dispute.

2. Doc feels it's inconsistent to segregate some CM examples to specific pages and some to hub pages. Fine, go whole hog on dumping CM stuff on pages specific to their work wherever they don't cover more than one work in a series and eliminate cloned information on the hub page and elsewhere.

3. We need to modify the work template to have a CM subpage link and rename all CM pages to use it appropriately.

4. There are two sides here: one that fears dictatorship and one that fears the former is insisting on stupid changes to an area they don't believe needs changed. My take is to TRY the change, and we can always revert it if it's more trouble than it's worth. Democracy may insist on some ill-considered actions according to some, but by the same mechanisms it can repair and restore damage made by them, so if the changes we are considering are bad, we can always fix things later.

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XIV - by GethN7 - 08-30-2019, 08:58 PM