Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XIV
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XIV
(09-09-2019, 11:55 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Should we be bothered that DocColress continues to snark behind our backs about how our approach is markedly inferior to his?

I don't see that as being particularly snarky... and he isn't a mod at the moment, so he isn't currently bound by the Policy for Wiki Staff.

On the other hand, it doesn't show that he's particularly willing to act in what I personally consider to be a manner becoming a mod.

(09-09-2019, 03:52 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Argh.  I know we have this, but I can't remember what it's called and my attempts to find it through various indices have failed.  What do we call a kind of inner fourth-wall breaking seen in comic strips (and certain Looney Tunes cartoons) where actions in one frame directly affect one of the other frames?  We have an image in this post in the current Images thread that's a perfect example.

Oh, I just saw something like that today, but I didn't edit the page so it isn't on Recent Changes. ...(goes and looks)... No Inner Fourth Wall isn't quite it. ...(looks some more)... The Garfield example on this page hints that the standard "Breaking the Fourth Wall" trope might be what you want.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XIV - by robkelk - 09-09-2019, 07:11 PM