Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Malware software sales down because of software piracy
Malware software sales down because of software piracy
The Register: They say piracy killed the Amiga. Know what else it's killing? Malware sales. Awww, diddums

tl;dr: People sell software designed to make breaking the law easier, and they're surprised when their clients break the law.

Well, duh. The malware writers knew their clients break the law. What did they expect - honor among thieves?
--
Rob Kelk

Since it's an election year in the USA: How to Immigrate to Canada, direct from the Government of Canada's website. "How you can immigrate to Canada, how to protect yourself from fraud and what to expect after you arrive in Canada."
RE: Malware software sales down because of software piracy
Nothing like some applied karma to brighten your day.
--
‎noli esse culus
(08-09-2019, 10:02 AM)robkelk Wrote: Well, duh. The malware writers knew their clients break the law. What did they expect - honor among thieves?

OXYGEN!!!!   OXYGEN!!!!!!
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
I think the below gif sums up my feelings on the matter.

.gif   MAX DEAL WITH IT.gif (Size: 9.39 KB / Downloads: 27)
Yasuri Nanami is my number one waifu, if only because she would horribly murder all the others if they didn't shut up and toe the line.

"They did not care about all the other attempts wizards had made on the Lone Power through history; as far as a computer is concerned, there is no program that cannot be debugged, or at worst, rewritten."
-Diane Duane, High Wizardry

"If our friendship depends on things like space and time, we've destroyed our own brotherhood! But overcome space, and all we have left is Here. Overcome time, and all we have left is Now. And in the middle of Here and Now, don't you think that we might see each other once or twice?"
-Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull