Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, are the Republicans having some sort of competition?
RE: So, are the Republicans having some sort of competition?
Steve King says the media owe him an apology.  
Quote:“And so, when we have a national, viral attack that comes out on a misquote, and it’s absolutely proven, all the folks that did that attack, I think they owe me an apology, including my own leadership,” King added.

The Des Moines Register did correct another quote it ran on King’s remarks. But the part about rape and incest was reported accurately. The newspaper also published video of King’s remarks, which he made last week at an event at the Westside Conservative Club in Urbandale, Iowa.

One reader mentioned this apropos of nothing in comments on an unrelated article, saying:

Quote:Steve King (R-IA) says that the video of his comments is misquoting him.

Oh, for FSM's sake!

No doubt the video was "touched by His Noodly Appendage."

-----
"Oh, my people had many gods. There was Conformity, and Authority, and Expense Account, and Opinion. And there was Status, whose symbols were many, and who rode in the great chariot Cadillac, which was almost a god itself. And there was Atombomb, the dread destroyer, who would some day come to end the world." — Lord Kalvan of Otherwhen, H. Beam Piper

Messages In This Thread
RE: So, are the Republicans having some sort of competition? - by DHBirr - 08-19-2019, 12:07 PM