Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So apparently it's my turn in the hospital now...
RE: So apparently it's my turn in the hospital now...
Well, I'm doing okay for sure.  The day before, some of my incision sites were aching like hell.  I guess they really had to go all out with some of those laparoscopic tools.

Fortunately, though, they settled down yesterday.  And now?  It's been over twelve hours since my last dose of pain meds wore off.  I can still feel them, but no real pain that I can't shrug off - it's about on the same level as a day-old cut that you've covered up with a band-aid.

Which means I've now got some Tylenol-3 to sling back whenever I get those lovely little headaches brought on by the arthritis in my neck.  Wooo-weee!  Tongue

No worries - I never abuse the stuff.  I only ever take them when I'm in actual pain and never as a preventative.  I do take the "as needed" part of the prescription seriously.  Besides, this stuff is precious to me, because when I'm HURTING?  It's about the only thing that's gonna do the trick.  Regular Tylenol hardly even cuts it for me.

I just chalk this up to the pain threshold my stepdad programmed into my head.  I don't start looking for pain relief until the point at which ordinary people can no longer function.  But if you think I'm bad that way?  Stepdad is even worse!

Messages In This Thread
RE: So apparently it's my turn in the hospital now... - by Black Aeronaut - 06-09-2022, 07:48 AM