Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teaser 2 For Chapter 2
Teaser 2 For Chapter 2
Anyway, as I turned from the stall and back to the street, Icollided with someone who'd been coming down the sidewalk. Igrunted with the impact and bounced off the unfortunate soul,catching myself before I could stumble and murmuring, "I'msorry, please excuse me," in my politest Japanese."Filthy gaijun scum!" snapped the other half of the accident as Iturned to face him. "Why don't you watch where you're going!"As if the racial insult and the supercilious tone in which hespat it out weren't enough of a clue, the clothes and the bearingimmediately told me the story -- one I had grown up with, andthus was intimately familiar with. From the toes of his gleamingItalian leather shoes to the stylish frames of his designerglasses and the immaculately coiffed hair, he was a perfectexample of Brattus Cashus Toomuchus -- the Spoiled Rich Kid.I had no patience for the species, as I'd grown up around them(and had *been* one of them) for a lot longer than I'd like toadmit. This one was a classic example, and to top it off he wasin a royal snit, too, as he was apparently the "King of the Road"variety. You know the kind: "Part before me, ye peasants, for Iam more important than thee and the avenue of travel is mine ownpossession!" A real smarmy git, too.I resisted the urge to belt him. Not only would it have beenvery antisocial, and it would have undoubtedly earned me someofficial attention I'd much rather avoid. Let's not evenconsider the fact that he was just a crunchy. Unless I took careto pull my punch -- which honestly wasn't something he made mefeel like doing -- I could kill or at the very least seriouslyinjure him.So rather than hurt him, I did the next best thing. I bowed solow it was almost a kowtow, tugged my forelock (well, what wouldhave been my forelock had my hair been long enough), and said inthe most obsequious mode Japanese possesses, "Forgive this one, omighty lord, for his grievous transgression, and pray withholdthe righteous might of thy blade." Of course I said it with asaudible a sneer as I could pour into the words. Then I lifted myhead enough to look up at him through the hair hanging over myeyes and gave him a taunting grin.Smarmy-dono snarled, took a step toward me, then thought better of it as I straightened back up. I had at least five centimeters on him, and my jeans and T-shirt did nothing to hide my physique. I'm not bulky or muscular, but I'm fit in a way that Maggie (and Kat, and Diana, and Alison) admiringly call "hardbody". I also massed at least ten or fifteen kilos more than him, too, so the effect was heightened. Seeing that, he just sneered back and brushed past me, coming as close as he possibly could to walking into me and still not touch me.I turned and watched him as he continued down the street. Hisbody language broadcast the fact that he was seething all the wayto the incredibly cliche late-model red sportscar -- convertible,of course -- parked about 50 meters away. With exaggerated carehe unlocked the door and slid behind the wheel. Once he had theengine started, he gunned it unmercifully and peeled out of theparking space. I rolled my eyes.Behind me, the gold dealer chortled. "That one's parents should have spanked him a time or two before he got out of high school," the old man declared with a chuckle. I shared a wry grin with him for a moment, then bowed respectfully and continued on my way. I still had a couple hours before lunch, and wanted to see more of the neighborhood.-- Bob
---------
Chaos isn't really chaos if it isn't Lawful part of the time.
Re: Teaser 2 For Chapter 2
hee hee
sounds a lot like Aoshima.... even if its not... heres hoping that person is in for a bad day ^^_____________________________
JAYNE: "You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here!"
Oh, it's most definitely Aoshima.-- Bob
---------
Good thing that was Aoshima, if the scene had taken place in the forbidden Ranmaverse, the obvious target would have been too dense to realize he'd been insulted, and where's the fun in that?
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Reading this little snippit and thinking back to the manga, I have to yoink a line from Bubblegum Avatar to correctly phrase Aoshima. "Denebian Slime Devil at twelve o'clock." And for all my knowledge, tis good.Edward Dunkel
President and CEO of Darkblade Enterprises
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]
Re: Teaser2 for Chapter 2
Quote:
Good thing that was Aoshima, if the scene had taken place in the forbidden Ranmaverse, the obvious target would have been too dense to realize he'd been insulted, and where's the fun in that?

Isn't that an insult to the slime devils....

I can't wait to see Aoshima-dono's reaction when he find out Doug is basing over at the place where the girl he's chasing lives. K-1 is low on the slimeball's threat scale...but Doug?
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
wonder if he will try to er... get to bell thru Doug... nah..... Doug would kick his arse into chapter three if he tried something like that..._____________________________
JAYNE: "You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here!"
Actually, the first time Aoshima tried to pull his usual scam after Paradox showed up, he got thoroughly frightened by said elder brother. Although Chris hasn't said one way or another to me, I suspect that Aoshima has completely backed off from trying to "win" Bell. That doesn't mean he isn't still plotting, but he isn't active about it.-- Bob
---------
It's more like he's backed off from trying to do it any way Paradox can catch him at.--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
[Image: Con.gif]
Sounds reasonably Aoshima-ish to me. We'll just have to catch him at it, and then you take him from left, I'll get him from the right.
...And I'll be in Scotland before ye...
Or something like that.
-- Bob
---------
An amusing little Outtake thought
(Aoshima sneaks on to the shrine grounds. He checks left. He checks right. Excellent. His spies were right. She is unguarded.)
(Aoshima allows himself a moment of silent maniacle laughter. His plan is foolproof.)
(Aoshima approaches the door. He rings the doorbell. Bell comes and answers the door, smiling in her "I smile at everybody" way)
(Aoshima opens his mouth, inhaling as if to speak. we zoom in on him from behind as time slows.)
(time snaps back to normal as Chris gives Aoshima a flying both-boots thrust kick to the left side of the chest and Doug gives him a friendly flying tackle to the knees from the right.)

Perhaps even better as a series of outtakes, each of them having Aoshima blindsided just a little bit earlier in the scene, Aoshima looking shakier and shakier until...
(Aoshima walking down the street through downtown, whistling, at ease. He turns smartly toward an old but very respectable diner. The door opens with a cheery jingle, and he steps through)
(Shot from the inside: Doug and Chris flanking the door, hidden from the street by decorative pillars, each with an arm cocked back, and a giant grin. Aoshima enters, and notices them just in time.)
(Aoshima drops to the ground visibly cowering, shielding his face with his arms.)
"Aaaugh! Don't hurt me! I'm not doing anything! This isn't even anywhere near her!"
(Doug and Chris look a little embarassed, and let their arms drop a bit.)
"Well, yeah... but it's so much *fun*."
Sirrocco
An amusing little Outtake thought
I'd picture the first scene more like this:
Quote:
(Aoshima opens his mouth, inhaling as if to speak. we zoom in on him from behind as time slows.)
(time snaps back to normal as ...
... Doug clamps one hand over Aoshima's mouth, motioning him with the other to look over to the left at Paradox, whispering "shhh -- Big Brother is watching you ..." ...
I don't think Doug would get violent if he can reach his goal just as efficiently so much easier :-)
-- Cal
Re: An amusing little Outtake thought
Especially if the easy, efficient way is funny.
Doesn't mean I don't like the other way, btw. -- Bob
---------