Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There go the books again...
There go the books again...
AP: A Catholic school in Tennessee has removed the Harry Potter books from its library after the school's priest decided they could cause a reader to conjure evil spirits.

Quote:In an email obtained by The Tennessean, the Rev. Dan Reehil of Nashville's St. Edward Catholic School said he consulted exorcists in the U.S. and Rome who recommended removing the books.

Reehil wrote, "The curses and spells used in the books are actual curses and spells; which when read by a human being risk conjuring evil spirits into the presence of the person reading the text."

I really wish people would read things before commenting on them - especially when their pronouncements affect other people.

Also, remember those millions of cases of demonic summonings when the books were first published and everybody was reading them? Neither do I.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
RE: There go the books again...
Time to haul out that Hellsing Church vs. the Wizarding World fic outline again, I guess. The worst part of that still is that Anderson would legitimately provide a better childhood environment for Harry even while raising him as an apprentice with his "accidental" magic trained toward becoming a similar Regenerator, but the people who now won't be allowed to enjoy four Harry Potter books is the worst part overall.
--
‎noli esse culus