Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buckle your seatbelts, everyone....
RE: Buckle your seatbelts, everyone....
The problem with impeachement is that - unlike with Nixon when both parties were ready to string him up - the contents of one of the houses doesn't especially give a flying fuck about what the President is doing so long as it doesn't affect their own comfy chairs. The Senate will block anything that threatens it's position - right or not. The system assumes the arses in the seats will do the job they're supposed to do regardless of party affiliation - the right things will be done. Government systems assume good faith on some level - and just look at the chaos that's happening in the UK when the executive starts acting in bad faith.

Nobody assumed that a legislature would continue to support a president doing blatantly illegal things. And not just the regular wrong shit all Presidents do - bomb some innocents here, install a fascist dictator there, fund the odd terrorist then act amazed when they turn on you - but things that very much skirt the boundaries of active treason.

Seriously? This looks like a President actively trying to sell himself to a foreign government. And half the government woin't care because they've got their trunks in the trough so long as he stays there.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Buckle your seatbelts, everyone.... - by Dartz - 09-25-2019, 01:52 PM