Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buckle your seatbelts, everyone....
RE: Buckle your seatbelts, everyone....
(09-28-2019, 03:34 PM)Labster Wrote: Just face up the the fact that you lost the 2016 election, BlackAeronaut.

That's a low-blow and you know it.  He only won because he is a liar, a crook, and a conman.  (And yes, I know that this is supposedly most politicians, but Trump takes the fucking cake.)  Trump wouldn't have won the election if a good number of Sander's voters hadn't voted for Trump.  I warned people that said they were voting for Trump, and I'm sure you did, too.

And not even one month into his Presidency, just about everyone that originally supported Sanders but voted for Trump had buyers remorse.  It was like the fucking Brexit referendum all over again.  "But that wasn't what I thought would happen!!!"  God, it's so hard not to call these people morons to their faces.  How they could ignore the simple logic boggles my mind.  It doesn't matter if Sanders and Trump were both populists because populism, like anything else in politics, has it's own spectrum.  Sanders is a Patriotic Populist and Trump is a Nationalist Populist.

And others voted for him just because he was spouting xenophobia, racism, and misogyny.

So yes, he did win, but he won on a platform of figurative Mountain Laurel Honey.  Oh yes.  It is honey alright, and it tastes pretty good, too.  But it carries a poison that will make you very sick, and may even kill you if you're particularly susceptible.

And it has been pointed out that there have been people dying because of Trump's policies.  Not just illegal immigrants, but also spies and other intelligence assets have been gravely endangered.  And this is to say nothing of all the people his dismantling of pollution regulations is effecting.

So don't you dare tell me that I need to "face it".  It's been in my face for the last several years, but that doesn't mean I have to say "Thank you, sir!  May I have another?" like someone in a gimp suit getting gerbils shoved up their ass.

I seem to recall someone on these boards once said that you shouldn't be upset about anything that won't effect you for less than four years.  Trump's term may only be for four years, but the shit we'll be stuck with cleaning up?  That's gonna linger for a lot longer than just four years.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Buckle your seatbelts, everyone.... - by Black Aeronaut - 09-28-2019, 09:37 PM