Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kikai kakumei (neds a third word)
RE: Kikai kakumei (neds a third word)
I don't remember what I was thinking at the time at all now, but I could see the world conquest-y ambitions being mostly for comedy purposes, a bit like Ika Musume, perhaps. Or it could be a legitimate long-term arc, though in that case probably a major enemy would be the Roman Empire expy that adopted blast furnace iron foundries, triphammer forging, and possibly crucible or open hearth steelmaking processes (due to an earlier issekai subject trying to do uplift and getting it horribly right?) widely enough to prompt technology forming as a portfolio so they could equip their army.

Possibly with velocipede dragoons as standard field units, since a bicycle is a pretty awesome logistical tool as the Viet Kong proved - simple to use and repair, difficult to break, light enough to be carried over obstacles it can't usually pass but sturdy enough that those are few and to let a single man transport five or more times the load they usually could pushing it from the side or travel faster than a march for less fatigue riding with something minimally approaching what could be called a road. Not something to fight while riding, but useful for getting troops in position.

And because I just like saying "velocipede dragoons."
--
‎noli esse culus

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kikai kakumei (neds a third word) - by classicdrogn - 09-30-2019, 11:30 AM