Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fic Request/Bunny Farm
Fic Request/Bunny Farm
Pretty much what the thread title says.

Here we can drop off random ideas, or even just ask, "Hey, has anyone done this yet?"

Not quite crossovers that must/shouldn't be since this isn't limited to crossovers, and not quite "looking for fic" thread, since that implies that you know it exists, just not where.

I'll start this off.

So, there's a metric fuck-ton of "Jaune Arc is Time Looping" fics or "Jean Arc Does Something Else"....

But why the hell should that be limited to just Jaune?  I mean, sure, he's in a position to cause a LOT of butterflies...  But he's not the only one.

FFS, let's see what happens when frickin' PYRRHA is the one time-looping!  It hits the Groundhog Day plot perfectly, except there's no time limit, and her win condition is simply the permanent elimination or neutralization of Salem... and somehow not dying in the process.

So has this one been done yet?
Yasuri Nanami is my number one waifu, if only because she would horribly murder all the others if they didn't shut up and toe the line.
RE: Fic Request/Bunny Farm
Great idea for a thread, BA. I'm stickying it so it doesn't get lost.

We're gonna see a lot of overlap with "Crossovers That Must Be", though, I'll betcha.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....

(10-09-2019, 02:12 AM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: FFS, let's see what happens when frickin' PYRRHA is the one time-looping!  It hits the Groundhog Day plot perfectly, except there's no time limit, and her win condition is simply the permanent elimination or neutralization of Salem... and somehow not dying in the process.

So has this one been done yet?

I remember seeing a fic on SB that went with that, but it's pretty dead.

For another RWBY idea, some time after the Breach, someone in the Atlas military IT department notices there's something odd going on with their systems. Alerted to the fact his advanced technology has been compromised by parties unknown, what does James Ironwood do...?
Eh, we can save the crossovers for the crossover thread while this can be for the more vanilla AUs, SIs, and Peggy Sues.

Matrix, if you can provide a link, I'd like to have a look at it regardless. I'm hoping that it'll put me in the right frame of mind for when in There's Nothing Better we have a suddenly alive Pyrrha whose last memories are of Cinder turning her to ash. Ouch.

As for the compromised systems? That's easy - they revert back to pre-war doctrine because, IIRC, they didn't have a lot of the tech they have now.
Yasuri Nanami is my number one waifu, if only because she would horribly murder all the others if they didn't shut up and toe the line.
(10-09-2019, 06:37 PM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: Matrix, if you can provide a link, I'd like to have a look at it regardless.  I'm hoping that it'll put me in the right frame of mind for when in There's Nothing Better we have a suddenly alive Pyrrha whose last memories are of Cinder turning her to ash.  Ouch.
 The looping Pyrrha story that I know of is Hello Again.
That's not the one I was thinking of. It wasn't a Quest. Hmm.

But yeah, with the compromised systems, I was thinking more in regards to Ironwood with his military might philosophy and all the paranoia, combined with his need to Do More To Fix Things.
Struck by a runaway ox-cart, ordinary Mage Academy student Insert Name finds (him|her)self before a strangely easy-going god, who wants (him|her) to act on his behalf in another world to save it from impending disaster. To help in this task, Name is given the ability to understand all languages and a cheat-like enchantment that will link (his|her) student spell tome with any book named from either world. What strange adventures will Name discover in a world where magic is only now awakening after thousands of years without it?

Stuck In Another World With My Spell Tome

it's your standard issekai scenario... but in reverse, with a high fantasy character placed in the modern day, the only human mage in a world where hostile mythical creatures and beings all but invulnerable without magic have already begun to appear. Can (he|she) uplift a whole new magical Adventurer's Guild from scratch in time to turn the tide?
--
‎noli esse culus
I dunno... I kinda like this one from the CTSNB more:
http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/s...#pid185680
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
I'd like to see a story about a previously ordinary class of schoolchildren who've returned from an Isekai adventure back to only a couple of hours after their departure. From the point of view of the parents, teachers and other adults who have to deal with a group of armed (having an item box ability would make the story MORE interesting, as you could never be sure they were unarmed) and mildly superhuman people who've spent a subjective couple of years in a war zone in a different culture.

They've picked up odd habits like only being able to sleep if they have a dagger underneath the pillow, odd religions and one's brought his succubus girlfriend and baby daughter home . . .
(10-11-2019, 01:33 AM)Jinx999 Wrote: I'd like to see a story about a previously ordinary class of schoolchildren who've returned from an Isekai adventure back to only a couple of hours after their departure. From the point of view of the parents, teachers and other adults who have to deal with a group of armed (having an item box ability would make the story MORE interesting, as you could never be sure they were unarmed) and mildly superhuman people who've spent a subjective couple of years in a war zone in a different culture.

They've picked up odd habits like only being able to sleep if they have a dagger underneath the pillow, odd religions and one's brought his succubus girlfriend and baby daughter home . . .

Ah-HAH!  And now we fulfill the goal of this thread!

This comes VERY close.  And it's a manga rather than a fic, but I figure that just makes it all the better.  Rather than an entire class, it's just one guy, but he's going to wind up teaching "skills" to other people because apparently he still has access to his magic abilities and stat screen/menu.

The Hero Who Returned Remains the Strongest in the Modern World
https://mangadex.org/title/35794/the-her...dern-world

Be advised: this manga has the "ecchi" and "harem" tags.
(10-11-2019, 01:33 AM)Jinx999 Wrote: I'd like to see a story about a previously ordinary class of schoolchildren who've returned from an Isekai adventure back to only a couple of hours after their departure. From the point of view of the parents, teachers and other adults who have to deal with a group of armed (having an item box ability would make the story MORE interesting, as you could never be sure they were unarmed) and mildly superhuman people who've spent a subjective couple of years in a war zone in a different culture.

There's also an Anime (and presumably LN) called Hagure Yuusha no Estetica, or Estetica of a Rogue Hero, which is about a whole school full of returnees from fantasy lands, and the main character has brought the daughter of the Demon Lord from the world he visited back posing as his sister. Unfortunately I can't really recommend it: the main character is an overpowered asshole pervert, the other characters (despite supposedly being successful Isekai heroes) are all useless so the main character looks better and the anime wastes all it's time on fanservice and sexual assault so it doesn't really go anywhere. It made me very sad, because the concept could have been so cool!

There's also the Re:Creators anime from a few years back, in which a bunch of Anime Characters break into the real world and would like to have a little 'chat' with the authors who created their stories about all the suffering they've been put through.
...Apparently the Revenge Wars from the 1990s FFML made it all the way to Japan.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....

(10-11-2019, 03:08 PM)Florin Wrote:

There's also an Anime (and presumably LN) called Hagure Yuusha no Estetica, or Estetica of a Rogue Hero, which is about a whole school full of returnees from fantasy lands, and the main character has brought the daughter of the Demon Lord from the world he visited back posing as his sister. Unfortunately I can't really recommend it: the main character is an overpowered asshole pervert, the other characters (despite supposedly being successful Isekai heroes) are all useless so the main character looks better and the anime wastes all it's time on fanservice and sexual assault so it doesn't really go anywhere. It made me very sad, because the concept could have been so cool!

There's also the Re:Creators anime from a few years back, in which a bunch of Anime Characters break into the real world and would like to have a little 'chat' with the authors who created their stories about all the suffering they've been put through.

I just checked - there is a manga adaptation.... but it isn't much better.  All the sexism and fanservice is present, but the only difference is that it's just the one guy and not a whole class...  INSTEAD people are getting sent to other worlds all the time and coming back with their full power, so a school called "Babel" has been set up... not so much to teach these kids, but to keep them contained until they stop being a bunch of hot heads.  It's not much better from what I can tell, but at least he's not making EVERYONE look like idiots...  Just most of everyone.

The Hero Who Returned, on the other hand, has a main character who, by all accounts, seems like a damn decent guy.  Meanwhile he seems to be encountering girls at his school who seem to be Chuni as fuck because one comes from a strong family of exorcists and the other is from a Catholic order of exorcists.

And both of them want to know how the hell he's able to do things like easily defeat demons that would have had them on the ropes or dodge bullets.

As for Re:Creators...  Shades of Excel Saga much?  :V
One of the "what If's" that I've had floating in my brain is a Fairy Tail variant where Lucy, being perpetually short of cash, takes a job by herself just before the S-Class exam arc and as such doesn't get caught in the time displacement the others do.

Would that make her either the most qualified mage in the Guild or let her live up to the reputation of Fairy Tail as it's sole 'S-class' representative?

What happens when the others get back 7 years later?