Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PG&E will shut off power for nearly 800,000 customers starting Wednesday
RE: PG&E will shut off power for nearly 800,000 customers starting Wednesday
Well youi can just build the damn thing toi withstand an Earthquake. That said I don't know anything about Californian geology beyond the fact that it shakes a lot. But they can build them in Japan without issue. Fukushima happened because someone thought the basement was the best place for an emergency generator at a coastal power station that was in a Tsunami risk area. Another power station, much closer to the epicentre, and subject to much higher waves - survived and kept operating, even providing enouigh power to be used as a shelter for locals.

There's also the simple reality that - when lives are counted - it may be worth accepting the risk of a Chernobyl by building simpler, cheaper, less reliable reactors, compared to the costs of climate change.

Radiation is just a damned scary boogeyman.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: PG&E will shut off power for nearly 800,000 customers starting Wednesday - by Dartz - 10-13-2019, 03:20 PM