Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PG&E will shut off power for nearly 800,000 customers starting Wednesday
RE: PG&E will shut off power for nearly 800,000 customers starting Wednesday
DC is far more dangerous.

If you make the circuit you can't release the cable. Your death will be silent - but not because it's painless. You will die while it fries you inside.

DC circuits are harder to break - being more prone to hot arcing and keeping the current flowing. DC isolators and circuit breakers are a lot safer. Not to mention a lot of AC power safety comes from the ability to rapidly interrupt the AC current if any imbalance between live and neutral - oir any stray earth current - is detected.

I've gotten a jag or two off mains live and it's uncomfortable - but I'm a lot more careful working with big DC voltages. 300VDC that you can't shut off is 'fun'. Just be damned sure you're not making that circuit.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: PG&E will shut off power for nearly 800,000 customers starting Wednesday - by Dartz - 10-14-2019, 01:18 PM