Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In Another World with Truck-kun (Yet Another Damn Isekai Story)
RE: In Another World with Truck-kun (Yet Another Damn Isekai Story)
Hrm.

Well, while I've been playing with the idea, I've been looking at dystopias in fiction, and the one thing they all seem to have in common is an oppressed lower-class.

Another thing is that I mentioned Drow before.  So, why not have a COMPLETE role reversal?  Instead of the Underdark, you'd have Jungles of Death.  Instead of black-skin and white-haired Drow, you'd have Wood Elves with sun-bronzed skin and dark hair.

Ironically, the Drow aren't enslaved.  They're merely driven out.  Drow can't reproduce quickly enough to make for an effective slave race, as not even their longer life spans hold up for much under this punishment.

Humans, though, are endurance-monsters and do reproduce quickly enough, making them ideal slaves.

The Wood Elves are obviously racist, and even misogynistic.  While females are technically "equal" it's obviously not the case.  And other races aside from Drow and Humans are only barely tolerated.  They're regarded little better than the Romani have been IRL and pretty much get the same treatment.

It's a lot easier to incentivize cruelty when there's lower classes to be cruel to.

Thoughts?

Messages In This Thread
RE: In Another World with Truck-kun (Yet Another Damn Isekai Story) - by Black Aeronaut - 04-12-2020, 05:14 PM