Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Situation Vacant] Reactor Chief Engineer
RE: [Situation Vacant] Reactor Chief Engineer
To: [Redacted]
Subj: Methods of production of DeltAlloy. Survey of Block 2 reactor

The muon tomography survey's done. I've attached the whole lot but the interesting one's are below.,

Fig-01: Erosion of the graphite reactor liner @ 240 degrees.
Fig-02: Detached/disnitegrated graphite panel @ 320 degrees.

The loss of a liner panel over a lithium plate is pain in the arse - it slows down fuel breeding. The loss of a moderator panel over a HexAlloy panel would expose that panel to unmoderated fast neutrons. We'd have a sudden fast fission in the panel that'd probably blow a good sized hole in the cooling circuit and the reactor shell, with all the expected consequences.

The survey of unit 02 suggests that this isn't just possible, but likely. We need another way to do this.

--------------------------------------

Subj: RE: Methods of production of DeltAlloy. Survey of Block 2 reactor

Time for Plan B.

---------------------------------------

Subj: RE: RE: Methods of production of DeltAlloy. Survey of Block 2 reactor

I was afraid you'd say that.

Subj: RE:RE:RE: Methods of production of DeltAlloy. Survey of Block 2 reactor

Using a handwaved option introduces an unnaceptable level of randomness to the solution

Any other physical option creates too much of a pattern -it's too obvious what the end goal is. Plan B solves an obvious problem - the replacement of an unsafe reactor with a new power generator. There's justification for the ability to produce quantities of DeltAlloy as a secondary benefit. The risks of doing so fit character profiles - you know you've earned a 'bit' of a reputation.

Statistically - this process needs to be completed within five years. After five years, the probability of an independant discovery exceeds the acceptable limit. All models predict certain discovery by year ten - and a near certain chance of destructive employment within 1 year of public disclosure. What happens after this should not need explanation.

This plan gives us the best chance of completing the process before then.

Alternative methods lead to the synchronicity threshold being crossed at a maximum of three years - and most likely much sooner.

Subj: RE:RE:RE:RE: Methods of production of DeltAlloy. Survey of Block 2 reactor

This is my penance for knowing sin, isn't it?

Subj: RE:RE:RE:RE:RE: Methods of production of DeltAlloy. Survey of Block 2 reactor

The finest minds in the universe can assure the safety. We've already done multiple simulations and refined the design to ensure its safety.

Subj: RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE: Methods of production of DeltAlloy. Survey of Block 2 reactor

And I just have to justify something so insane to a who'll load of people who can never know the real reason why we're doing it. Have you factored that into your models?

Subj: RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE: Methods of production of DeltAlloy. Survey of Block 2 reactor

Yes. Your skill at 'The Shell Game' has been noted in multiple sources, including the recent arrest.

This is your responsibility. I think, you already know how you'll do it.

Subj: RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE Methods of production of DeltAlloy. Survey of Block 2 reactor

We have our fears - that which might become reality. And we have Godzilla, which is reality.

Subj: RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE Methods of production of DeltAlloy. Survey of Block 2 reactor

An interesting reference. But our Godzilla has not been born yet. This is our nightmare - but hopefully never our reality.

Subj: RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE: Methods of production of DeltAlloy. Survey of Block 2 reactor

In my experience, handwavium has a habit of turning my nighmares into reality.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Situation Vacant] Reactor Chief Engineer - by Dartz - 11-24-2019, 11:18 AM