Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Situation Vacant] Reactor Chief Engineer
RE: [Situation Vacant] Reactor Chief Engineer
Thus lies the path of burnout. One needs a road out. Unwinding the tangle of obligations she has or shutting down any of the machines would be difficult at best and probably catastrophic at worse.

It doesn't help that Jet has a belief - maybe born of the youtube era - that she has to keep going in order to be seen to keep going. That you can only do what people believe you can do - people's public opinion matters more than anything. If she gets some form of public intervention - that'd probably destroy people's belief in her and what she can do.

It's why she went with an RBMK-type reactor. It can be done and it will work. And if it's done right, it will work right - Physics doesn't give a shit how you or the universe feels about it, while a handwave solution might pick up on her moods, or what people think about her and just go crazy.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Situation Vacant] Reactor Chief Engineer - by Dartz - 02-20-2022, 03:08 PM