Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] The Sixth Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Sixth Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
Definitely not trying to upstage anybody with the new posting. (With that short contribution, I'm not upstaging anybody.) I just had enough to post, is all.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
(04-26-2020, 03:15 AM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: Keep in mind, I was never the one pushing for a Late Winter Seasonal Climax.  But I think I have partial fault in that I don't thing I ever really clarified what I meant when I started using the term "Seasons" to denote the major story arcs.

I never meant for it to map directly to the time frame of a season in-setting, but simply as a container for major story arcs - just like in television.  Certainly, they'll usually air during a season, but the in-story time frame rarely, if ever, maps to directly to that.

A good example of this in-action is the TV series, 24.  Each episode, which fits into a one-hour television time slot, covers an in-setting time frame 60 minutes, making it so everything is happening in real time (including whatever we miss during advertisement breaks).  But in the end, this means that each 24-episode season of 24 covers only a grand total of 24 hours within the setting - thus the selling point of the series: it tells a story in real-time that takes place over the course of 24 hours.

I'm still gonna let you guys set the in-story time frame for Season 1, but keep in mind how much I planned to have happen within Season 1.

You only need to look at how many residents I originally intended to have.

I don't think anybody was pushing for a quick windup of Season 1. The closest that I remember was me saying that I'm ready for a windup - but that isn't the same as requesting that the windup take place any time soon.

That said, knowing the timeline would be nice so that I can plan my stories better...
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(04-28-2020, 07:35 PM)robkelk Wrote: I needed to calm myself this evening, so I watched a few episodes of the one show that I knew could make me feel relaxed and centered. And I noticed something that we didn't have listed on the wiki...

Akari Mizunashi's wiki page now mentions her canon fear of the dark.

Ooooohhhh!

Now here's some fluff potential.

Picture an incident that somehow has Kurz Webber together with Akari again. It's dark and she's starting to wig out a bit. And what does Kurz do?

He whips out a set of nightvision goggles, and he tells her to keep them. That way, whenever she feels the need for them, she can put them on and see what's really hiding out there in the dark.
You're thinking of Akira, not Akari.  Basically it's like Amano-sensei only had a Scrabble board with AARIKSL and had to name all the characters from those letters.  

Honestly I had forgot this characterization, or maybe never knew it.  Is this in the moon episode?  Akari's signamancy semiotics literary symbolism is hard towards "light" anyway, her name poetically means "midsummer light".  And I wonder, moving to our canon, was she afraid of the night because she wasn't seeing properly?
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
It's in the "Akari goes looking for a special place" episode in the first half of The Natural. (The same episode where we first see Alicia wear glasses, if that helps.)

As for our treatment of her... sure, why not?
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Was somebody looking for an example of what Railgun can do?

I seem to recall that ... BlackAeronaut, maybe? ... was looking for an example of what Railgun can do.

Here's an animated GIF captured from the first anime episode. She's going easy on them.

[Image: raildex2.gif]
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Change is coming. At 3 km/s.
Sorry, no post in Time Away this weekend. I hit a snag that requires input from BlackAeronaut and Labster to untangle. PMs have been sent and replied to.

I can give folks a teaser, though...

"I wouldn't want to bet on that. Haven't you noticed that every time we tried to have our discussion, something interrupted us?"

Mii thought for a moment. "Now that you mention it... but what could throw that many different kinds of interruptions at us like that?"
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Here you go - something to read for the Victoria Day weekend.

One thing, before anybody who isn't a prereader asks:

Quote:"Things that you'd never felt before? You've never felt that way about anybody in the past?"

"Never. Not even for Urawa-kun, back when he carried a Rainbow Crystal."

And thus do I shoot down - for this story - the fanon ideas of Ami having had a relationship with "Ryo the Psychic Lad"... or with Mako-chan.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Is it bad that for a foggy Season Fairy, I'm basically picturing a chibi Whitley Schnee with an oversized bow instead of a tie and a genuine smile?

Quote:One thing, before anybody who isn't a prereader asks:
AmiMako 4eva!

(But honestly there's much more canon support for Haruka/Michiru, Hotaru/Chibiusa, and even Minako->Usagi)  (I just think they're cute together <3 <3 :3 :P XD )
(05-17-2020, 12:41 AM)Labster Wrote: AmiMako 4eva!

ShinjiAuska 4EVA!
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
ShinjixNoriko is the only pairing - but that's another universe.

Also. I just realised. Rob and his residents would now be immune to the charm from the 33-Stars.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
Maybe, maybe not. Nothing in the wish said anything about future effects... but nothing said that Emotion-Restorer-kun can't be used again.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
My understanding was that 'any and all' does include future events. They didn't limit it to 'current' events.

And more because I've seen people on the wrong side of that one in a contract. You could argue either way in front of a judge - and a good barrister would make it stick.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
Fair enough.

So, that's three people immune to the 33-Stars' "charm" effect... and a gadget that can be used to give the same immunity to other people, since Skuld said it might need to be used again.

(Doylist: And it will be used again, if BA's current plans remain the same. That's why I had Skuld grant the wish - so the device would exist. But don't expect Emotion-Restorer-kun to be usable by everybody.)
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Did some looking at what's been posted in the way of stories, and finally figured out when Blossom's big raid on the Unseelie will take place. Uranus and Neptune say "enough is enough" on December 10, Usagi finds out on December 11 and reminds Michiru she has to be in top form on the night of the 14th, Ben and Tessa visit Rob, Usagi, and Haruka on the 14th to get the mission planning going, and the actual operation takes place the morning of saturday, December 17th.

That lets Haruka be in Ottawa for the planning while Michiru's leading a raede (it's a full moon), and doesn't invalidate Mii's comment on December 20 that she took part in the operation "last week".

So... lots of characters being borrowed from San Antonio and Pensacola on December 17.

EDIT: A bit from December 11:

Quote:"We have a problem." Rob scowled as he sat down for lunch.

Mikoto looked up. "A problem? What is it?"

Rob almost made the Airplane! joke, but a "source of irritation or vexation" was what was important right now. "I just got an email from someone I used to work with. Her husband is on Haruka's race team, and he mentioned that Haruka's looking at making a raid against the Unseelie."
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
The full moon is on December 13, and it's a super full moon.  https://www.timeanddate.com/moon/phases/...?year=2016

I knew this date already because it's relevant to my story, and coincidentally falls on St. Lucy's Day for even more fun!
sigh... https://www.calendar-12.com/moon_calendar/2016/december said it's on the 14th.

We need a third source to confirm the date - because it's important to my story, too.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
There's probably not a disagreement there. 7:05 PM EST is 00:05 UTC the following day.
Right. Time zones. Fixing my story now...
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
I was doing some re-reading, and noticed that Rob and Ami started acting out-of-character around each other when the Unseelie showed up.

And I never explained why the Unseelie suddenly noticed Sailor Moon, or why they decided to attack her in her own home.

There is no coincidence, only necessity...

Obviously, whoever-it-was who's behind one is also behind the other. (BA and Labster know who, but I'll refrain from mentioning the name just yet.) Manipulation to keep the Blossom residents busy with each other's emotions instead of chasing after the mastermind... and it worked, too. But it stopped working at the end of the year - and I have something to write about after the skating party.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
A bit of silliness: Since we don't have a residence in New York City, we're going to have to have this detective investigate something in New Jersey instead.

Maybe have him investigate the conspiracy of fictional characters appearing everywhere...
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(05-23-2020, 01:21 PM)robkelk Wrote: A bit of silliness: Since we don't have a residence in New York City, we're going to have to have this detective investigate something in New Jersey instead.

Maybe have him investigate the conspiracy of fictional characters appearing everywhere...

Hah!  I love it.
Fic recommendation for Rob, originally posted on an architecture blog: NYNEX, Embedded Angel of New York City.  Fandom is Ghostbusters, but there are some pretty obvious Index and Lain crossover implications.
(05-24-2020, 06:32 PM)Labster Wrote: Fic recommendation for Rob, originally posted on an architecture blog: NYNEX, Embedded Angel of New York City.  Fandom is Ghostbusters, but there are some pretty obvious Index and Lain crossover implications.

Reactions, in order:
  • Why didn't I know about this when I was GMing an In Nomine game? (Because he hadn't posted it yet.)
  • I would pay to watch that movie in the theatre. Twice.
  • Well, now we have something for Detective Munch to investigate.
  • Ghostbusters in the Metacontinuity? Why not? The fire house can be the (first) Manhattan displacee residence.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown