Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] The Sixth Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Sixth Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
(12-26-2019, 02:27 AM)Labster Wrote:
BA story Wrote:*Chuckles*  "Index?  Sweet heart?  There's a reason why I have all the heaviest of heavy hitters at my complex.  Very little impresses me.
So you've got the moves, but have you got the touch?

If you want Ben to get into a bragging contest with Tomo do let me know.

BA story Wrote:"The thing is, though, the Park Rangers and a few other campers had seen what went down and jokingly started calling mom The Hatchet Lady.  The nickname stuck like glue, but Mom didn't care - she actually liked it, and swore that one day she was gonna get someone to teach her how to throw a tomahawk.
As long as they don't teach her to throw a Getter Tomahawk I think we're safe.  Amazing story!  (Was "Washing State" intentional or typo?)

Nah, Ben won't compete with Tomo.  Not unless they get into sharing "No shit, there I was" stories - and that's gonna be more just for the experience of swapping stories.

It was a typo, but it was probably something of a slip.  That place is DAMN DREARY.  Three weeks without ever seeing blue sky?  Rain that can go on for a week straight?  It's pretty up there in the Summer, but you can't pay me enough to live there again.  If anyone in-setting ever asks, Ben has the perfect little story to tell where a good friend didn't believe him about the weather up there. (EDIT: FYI, this is also an IRL-true story!)

Glad you liked Hatchet Lady.  This is the kind of shit you just can't make up.  As for Mom and mecha...  Mom might not be one to jump into a Getter machine, but that's because I think that a Zaku with a Heat Hawk would be more her speed.  Wink

Mom will be something to behold in this setting.  Her Totem Spirits are Wonder Woman and Miss Piggy, complete with "HASE-KASE! HEEEE-YAH!!"  (And the fact that the new Wonder Woman movie has her with the Invisible Jet and the Lasso of Truth AND set in the 80's*?  Yeeeaaahhhhh.)  Piss Mom off?  You can kiss your initiative rolls goodbye.

And as a friend of mine who wrote a couple of great Gundam fics put it, it's all about the initiative when you're in mobile suits.

* Can I just say what a stroke of freakin' BRILLIANCE it was to set this movie in the 80's?  It might be aping what they did in Captain Marvel, but she ain't no replacement for 80's-style Wonder Woman.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Sixth Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals - by Black Aeronaut - 12-26-2019, 04:18 PM