Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] The Sixth Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Sixth Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
My current story got slightly derailed by the in-story DMV, but I believe I can get it back on track.  I'm back to writing at the still glacial pace of 2kB per day.  And the current story is up to 91kB/16kwords.  I'm hoping to get it going as a serial, which meant that I really needed to get something written in the second chapter besides "the [plot-important thing] happens here".

I'm mostly there, but I'm writing a section on what everyone is doing, and then I realized I had forgotten to mention Sonomi, and further had no idea what she was up to these days.  I was planning on having her companies not exist in this world, but for some reason, some of the Swiss bank accounts do exist, which gives her access to a small fortune.  This is because the Metacontinuity is weird (Watsonian) and also her thing is being rich and running businesses yet I don't want to give her a reason to move out right away (Doylist).  I'm not sure what she would be doing -- playing hausfrau with Tomoyo?  Angel investing?  She could always produce some movies but I don't have her down a sucker so probably not.  As I write this I'm starting to get the feeling that the answer to this might need a chapter on its own.

I read the long plot summary of the Cursed Child on Wikipedia -- it sounds really confusing and hard to write around our fic.  There's a limit to how many time-travel shenanagrams you can pull and still be comprehensible, and it always seems like the same gimmick to me.  The only way to use it here would have all the timelines be merged in, which could be fun, but not as fun as sorting Sakura Kinomoto into House Sparklypoo.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Sixth Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals - by Labster - 01-04-2021, 02:32 AM