Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] The Sixth Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Sixth Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
(02-05-2021, 10:58 PM)robkelk Wrote: Just added a line to my on-wiki list of story ideas:

Quote:March 12-17, 2017: Mikoto "all but promised" Alicia Testarossa that she'd come play during March Break. Maybe at the Lowell-Bannings' amusement park. And if they can trash amusement parks twice in Lyrical Nanoha canon, we can do something similar here, right? Smile Clear that with BlackAeronaut

Or, maybe, just maybe, we could tell a story about folks going out and having fun without something earth-shaking happening to them.

That would be nice for a change.  Wink

(02-06-2021, 12:51 PM)robkelk Wrote: How in the world did we forget to include this series?

Somewhere in INSERT-CITY-NAME-HERE, there is a multi-story building, privately owned. Its owner (half-Japanese, half-British) lives in one room at the very top floor and uses the entire remainder of the building as her personal library... and the building is overstuffed with books.

She wouldn't need a SI manager, just a rare-book-seller to buy from.

I've had thoughts about Yomiko.  Mostly ideas about her showing up somewhere and actually living inside the library with no one being the wiser.  I kinda wish for her to be in San Antonio, but I know that'd be hogging up characters.  I just have this mental imagery of her somehow getting into the archives section of the Central Library and finding all the original records that go all the way back to the city's founding, 300 years ago!  The teary-eyed look on her face as she so desperately wants to touch that old, old paper with such historic, hand-inked writings on them...

(02-06-2021, 01:09 PM)robkelk Wrote: Speaking of "INSERT-CITY-NAME-HERE"... does anybody mind if I put AMALGAM's base in Indianapolis? It's reasonably close to the halfway point between Ottawa and San Antonio, with relatively-easy access to Chicago, Philly, and DC - making them available for stories set in any of those cities.

I'd be fine with that.  The only thing I wonder about is how do they keep a secret military facility there secret?

(02-06-2021, 01:29 PM)robkelk Wrote: And one more. According to the wiki, we have two groups in Thailand: a colony of airbenders and wherever Lagoon Company is based, somewhere on the coast. ("The Lagoon Company is working for Ciel Phantomhive more or less directly, though they have time to do a few other odd jobs.")

Do we have one location or two here? Conservation of detail suggests one, but that might not be suitable for the benders.

Hrm.  I don't think we ever quite came to a consensus on the matter.  As I recall, this was originally another case of me wanting to fill-out empty units in my character's location.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Sixth Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals - by Black Aeronaut - 02-07-2021, 03:38 AM