Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] The Sixth Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Sixth Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
(02-07-2021, 03:38 AM)Black Aeronaut Wrote:
(02-06-2021, 01:09 PM)robkelk Wrote: Speaking of "INSERT-CITY-NAME-HERE"... does anybody mind if I put AMALGAM's base in Indianapolis? It's reasonably close to the halfway point between Ottawa and San Antonio, with relatively-easy access to Chicago, Philly, and DC - making them available for stories set in any of those cities.

I'd be fine with that.  The only thing I wonder about is how do they keep a secret military facility there secret?

Oh, good question. Hmmmmm...

There are still plenty of warehouses in Indy (I think), and I'd be very surprised if at least one of them didn't have a freight rail spur line running into the warehouse. Arm Slaves and other reasonably-large gear going into and out of the city by rail in otherwise-unremarkable boxcars, maybe? (We know a Venom-class Cotarl AS fits on a flatbed truck - we saw Gauron's transported that way when Sosuke went back home to Afghanistan Helmajistan in the first season of FMP - so one will fit in a boxcar.)

Alternately, put the base in the forested area immediately southwest of Indianapolis (losing the rail link, but still convenient to I-70), and just have offices in the city.

We could hast this out on this brand-new wiki page...
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Sixth Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals - by robkelk - 02-07-2021, 09:57 AM