• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Election 2020. A quiet break from US Politics at least
RE: Election 2020. A quiet break from US Politics at least
https://twitter.com/oconnellhugh/status/...2909597698

Well. This is odd.

Sinn Fein on 25%
Fine Gael on 20%
Fianna Fail on 23%

There's been a lot of commentary on where the fuck this has come from. The economy seems to be doing well, but people are angry that this isn't translating into an improvement services, or a reduction in the cost of living.

More people are homless. More people work for nobody's benefit but the landlord.

The party itself is surprised. They only ran 42 candidates, out of 153 potential seats. Most parties are running multiple candidates in constituencies - and with hnumbers that low it's looking like the multiples might leech off each other and let some of the other parties in on the transfer.

There's no chance of them getting close to enough seats to get into power as the lead - but they might be junior in a coalition and that'll be a turn for the books.

It'll almost certainly mean a ballot on a United Ireland with all the clusterfuckery that involves.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Election 2020. A quiet break from US Politics at least - by Dartz - 02-04-2020, 02:47 PM