Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Election 2020. A quiet break from US Politics at least
RE: Election 2020. A quiet break from US Politics at least
So, the most likely coalition happened.  No big surprise there.

Dartz Wrote:The public health service is turning into an utter omnifuck - they can't even do a managed decline properly.
The government refuses to pay doctors, nurses and other critical public servants a worthy wage, while top-loading departments with useless suits in offices.
The government utterly refuses to pay the military, to the point where both morale, and actual effectiveness is utterly collapsing. This has already caused deaths.
They gloat about a 1 billion surplus for a rainy day - rather than investing it on one-time critical expenditures that might bring value in the future. Okay, I get the idea of rainy day fund given how heavy things are leverages with corporation tax receipts but at the same time it's not good saving money that *must* be spent on fixing critical failures. Those things just end up costing more in the long run.

I kind of wonder about how things have changed on these points in the last few months.

In my world, California had a rainy day fund of 21 billion, which conservatives constantly attacked as evidence that taxes were too high.  We're going to spend $16 billion of that next year, and probably the remainder the following year.  It's hard to see how a single billion euros is enough surplus for a government to do anything with.  I'm a big supporter of the governments spending anticyclically, taxing to slow down the good times, then buying things when everything is cheap in the bad times.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Messages In This Thread
RE: Election 2020. A quiet break from US Politics at least - by Labster - 06-27-2020, 02:04 PM