Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey, Offsides...
Hey, Offsides...
Did you notice that Long Live The Queen got not just a favorable review but the top of the list on Recommended “Politics in Harry Potter” fics, a blog post made a couple years ago by a fellow named Stephan Sokolow?  I'll admit his name rings a bell, and his blog is about evenly split between tech topics and fanfic/otaku stuff, but I can't quite put my finger on where I seem to recognize him from.

Everyone else, if you haven't been raiding this blog for fic recommendations, you might want to start.  His opinions on most of the stories I recognize tend to match my own (and the general opinion of the forums as well), so I'm going to be trying a few of the stories I don't recognize on the assumption his tastes and mine are close enough that I'll probably like them.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
RE: Hey, Offsides...
And a quick update since I first posted this a year ago... yes, his tastes coincide enough that the fics I've tried have been enjoyable.

He's also aware of the forums, having a link to a thread in the counterpart to this board back on Tapatalk in a post from October 2020 in which he lists fics to get to or get back to for reviewing -- including stuff by several forums members.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....