Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More oddities spotted in the news
More oddities spotted in the news
The last thread hit 300 posts, so here's a new one.

New movie to star one Anne of Green Gables and be directed by another Anne of Green Gables.
--
Rob Kelk

"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of the same sovereign, servants of the same law."
- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'."
- Isaac Asimov

"Don't let anyone think for you; most people can barely think for themselves."
-
Rare Earth, ending credits
RE: More oddities spotted in the news
Something old, something (relatively) new... both for the shutterbugs.

Period piece movie uses period-appropriate photography for on-set photos

Ektachrome is coming back!
--
Rob Kelk

"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'."
- Isaac Asimov

-
Bet Dartz will be putting in an order for Ektachrome if he didn't have one already.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
Have a roll in the camera. And used it a few times over the last year. Slide film is the shit.

Meanwhile.....

Street Racing in Ireland.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
Some improvised fixes are worse than others

That's right, this guy
--
Rob Kelk

- Isaac Asimov

-
I spent the first few minutes confused why he didn't just use water, and eventually I was like, oh yeah, they have ice up there.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto