Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Like to cook" - the second helping
RE: "Like to cook" - the second helping
(08-31-2021, 07:28 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote:
(08-17-2021, 06:59 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Oh, I certainly did, Aleh.  Thank you for writing that all up.  As a result of you making the effort, I have two books in my Amazon cart right now, and more on my wishlist.

And I should note that that my copies of The Flavor Bible and On Food and Cooking arrived just a couple days ago.  While I haven't had the chance to do more than browse through them yet, what I've seen looks fantastic.  Thanks again for the recommendations, Aleh.

You're welcome, Bob. If those are the two you got from my list of reviews, I should probably note that "browsing through them" is one of the best ways to use them. You can read through On Food and Cooking from cover to cover like a regular book, but I've read grad-school textbooks that are easier reads and less information-dense.

I mean that literally, by the way -- I thought of three offhand while writing that sentence. It's nowhere near as difficult or as dense as some, mind, but there's a reason I mostly use it as a reference.

The Flavor Bible, on the other hand, is explicitly for that sort of use. I don't think it's exactly good reading, per se... but it's awesome to consult.

Anyway, glad my review list was helpful. Smile

Messages In This Thread
"Like to cook" - the second helping - by robkelk - 02-16-2020, 07:37 PM
RE: "Like to cook" - the second helping - by Aleh - 08-17-2021, 05:01 PM
RE: "Like to cook" - the second helping - by Aleh - 08-18-2021, 01:21 AM
RE: "Like to cook" - the second helping - by Aleh - 08-31-2021, 04:31 PM