Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Politics video madness
RE: Politics video madness

Weird Al's take on the debate.

Here's the original NYT link - America is Doomed - The Musical by Weird Al
Beau of the Fifth Column - Let's talk about the first debate between Trump and Biden

The Animaniacs show Trump how America works (The Late Show with Steven Colbert)
Beau of the Fifth Column - Lets talk about making the debate more fair for Trump
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciXaP26TJBg
https://youtu.be/qDxQfasozy4
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

Wilmore - What the f***, undecided voters?
Supreme Court Shenanigans by GCP Grey
https://youtu.be/dDYFiq1l5Dg
“We can never undo what we have done. We can never go back in time. We write history with our decisions and our actions. But we also write history with our responses to those actions. We can leave the pain and the damage in our wake, unattended, or we can do the work of acknowledging and fixing, to whatever extent possible, the harm that we have caused.”

— On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Danya Ruttenberg
22 Minutes - We asked Americans: Is the two-party system really working?
Here's a video Peggy found, which she asked me to post here. It's a song by Australian musician Mike McClellan, which is, as he describes it, "A letter to the America I loved but feel like I am losing."

[
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Honest Government Ad | Q
“We can never undo what we have done. We can never go back in time. We write history with our decisions and our actions. But we also write history with our responses to those actions. We can leave the pain and the damage in our wake, unattended, or we can do the work of acknowledging and fixing, to whatever extent possible, the harm that we have caused.”

— On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Danya Ruttenberg
Epic Rap Battles of History - Biden vs Trump 

When they say "who won? You decide!"  they really mean it this time
Vote Him Away (version 3)

non-embedded

I waffled about putting this here or in the general videos thread, but in the end it does touch on the race issues that would probably have dominated this year's politics if not for the Trump Fever so I decided on maximum quarantine.
--
‎noli esse culus

It's not really political, but it's suitable for the occasion.
A Veteran’s Warning | Smedley Butler
https://youtu.be/Lg-nUy2DalM

Beau of the Fifth Column - Let's talk about Biden outsmarting Trump's Transition trap
A Daily Show clip "Trump supporters love to read"
Randy Rainbow - Don't tell Donald he's not re-elected

We Didn't start the Fire parody sums up Trump's term
... amazingly insightful, if not prescient, though more slanted to the right than I can agree with for the commentary:

non-embedded
--
‎noli esse culus
Beau of the Fifth Column - Let's talk about Trump's base and evidence...
Evangelicals freak out over Trump's loss
... all I can say is, HA. HA. HA. HA. HA.
--
‎noli esse culus
About spraying the FUD around with a manure spreader, and the difficulty of countering lies and disinformation

non-embedded
--
‎noli esse culus
David's wrong when he says the Netherlands does electronic voting.

We did do electronic voting, but in 2007 it was decided that it was too difficult to safeguard the election and anonymity when voting electronically. Since that time, all votes were cast with a paper ballot and a (usually red) pencil.

It's being considered as to whether or not to start using counting machines and/or ballot printers. Some have offered the idea of voting by way of the internet, given that the Netherlands makes extensive use of internet based banking and government communication services, but the problem is that it's impossible to both provide a secure ballot and maintain anonymity of the vote. The log in system to make use of those banking and government services knows who you are and what you are doing when you are logged in.
As I've said before, we can have secure banking electronically, because everything can be audited.  However, votes are supposed to be anonymous, which means they can't be audited back to a source.  Methods that preserve anonymity aren't enough, because we also can't assume trust.  Instead we have to rely on some physical property of the universe, which we assume is not lying to us.  So paper ballots and maybe possibly quantum computing?

If you're willing to have votes that aren't anonymous, I could whip up a national electronic voting system in a week or so, just give me a blockchain and away I go.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
Whoa. Harsh. And this was from 2019.

non-embedded
--
‎noli esse culus