Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Politics video madness
RE: Politics video madness
Dwane 'The Rock' Johnson calls out Trump

from Babylon 5, G'kar says a few words about freedom (low volume)
John Oliver commenting on the situation with police, and how police unions are actually impeding efforts at reform:
“We can never undo what we have done. We can never go back in time. We write history with our decisions and our actions. But we also write history with our responses to those actions. We can leave the pain and the damage in our wake, unattended, or we can do the work of acknowledging and fixing, to whatever extent possible, the harm that we have caused.”

— On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Danya Ruttenberg
Legal Eagle on Posse Comitatus, The Insurrection Act, and if Trump has the authority to re-create Tiananmen Square* in Washington D.C,

“*When the students poured into Tiananmen Square, the Chinese government almost blew it,” Donald Trump said. “Then they were vicious, they were horrible, but they put it down with strength. That shows you the power of strength. Our country is right now perceived as weak … as being spit on by the rest of the world,” the future president continued.
“We can never undo what we have done. We can never go back in time. We write history with our decisions and our actions. But we also write history with our responses to those actions. We can leave the pain and the damage in our wake, unattended, or we can do the work of acknowledging and fixing, to whatever extent possible, the harm that we have caused.”

— On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Danya Ruttenberg
Lincoln Project newest video; Crowds
Link, because it's in a tweet - John Cleese discusses political extremism.

The clip is three decades old.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Atlanta chef of police resigns after cop kills a black man

Since the removal of the confederate participation trophies is being mentioned again:
John Oliver on the Confederacy

A new video from the Lincoln Project: #TrumpIsNotWell
Ooooh boy, aiming dead for the ego, I see. I wonder if part of the plan for that spot isn't just to provoke him into some over-the-top response they can turn around on him later.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Beau of the Fifth Column: Lets talk about Lincoln, slavery, the Civil War, and cornerstones...

The Lincoln Project: Chyna
Beau of the Fifth Column: Let's talk about red triangles and white roses...
Renegade Cut - 90’s Black Sitcoms Warned Us

Innuendo Studios - CO-VIDS: The Ghandi Trap and Why It May Not Be Working Anymore

A new video from the Lincoln Project
Something terrifying we missed from the Trump Rally in Tulsa, and something we all need to recognize.

His most devoted followers, and he refused to take precautions for their safety, to try and soothe his damaged ego. What would he do to the rest of us?
He will do no less.

He will bring those who are not devoted to him no less risk, no less danger, no less harm.
By pure coincidence I grabbed a copy of this image from My[Confined]Space last night.  Even though this is a video thread, it's right on target for the current topic:

.jpg   wholly reasonable slogan.jpg (Size: 108.72 KB / Downloads: 173)
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
This one went up in Dec 2016, so either Battle Beast were particularly prescient or wrote it in reference to similar political trends around the world rather thans som eforeign president's election. In any case, I'd count it a message of hope overall, with the general theme of "you'll have a comeuppance" and all.

non-embedded

And may I just say that I find Noora much more attractive than the usual run of female celebrities, so stick-thin you'd be afraid to give them a hug lest they snap in two? She looks like she legitimately could kick some ass, which sells the theme of the music even better.
--
‎noli esse culus

The (formerly Dixie) Chicks - a group really needs to license this for an anthem
In line with the picture Bob posted, a little something fresh wooped off the shoop:

[Image: c2HR9Yr.png]
--
‎noli esse culus
(06-26-2020, 06:47 PM)RMH999 Wrote: The (formerly Dixie) Chicks - a group really needs to license this for an anthem

The most damning thing about the list of names in that video, is the fact that list exists at all.
new from the Lincoln Project: Truth
Racist School Borad slammed in viral video.

Beau of the Fifth Column: Let's talk about President Trump's denials
The Lincoln Project: Debt
Well, we already knew the Lincoln Project wasn't pulling its punches, but it certainly seems to be gearing up and hitting harder.