Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A potato is me/cheap user experience upgrades
RE: A potato is me/cheap user experience upgrades
Hm, well, I did specifically get a graphics card with two HDMI outputs, two DisplayPort, and... I forget what the fifth is. Meh, I think the little side table I have for a monitor stand* has too small a footprint to be stable with a second monitor on it, even just another 24" stacked vertically. Honestly I should probably get a real monitor with a higher refresh rate and lower response time than the cheap Insignia branded 60hz 1080p TV I currently use. Ideally I think I'd get one that that was big enough to have the current screen in portrait on one side of it, for tool palettes and whatnot while I put the main working window on a big, high quality screen. One that could roughly match the size and 1920 long resolution on its short edge would not be cheap, however.

*my computer station is actually assembled around an armchair rather than at a desk as such, with tables at either side for the mouse/trackball and laptop or now the mini-tower lying on its side since I couldn't find a horizontal, "desktop" style case that wasn't Mini-ITX and/or too short and/or shallow for the GPU I'd already ordered when planning to fit things into the salvaged Gateway case I originally intended to use
--
‎noli esse culus

Messages In This Thread
RE: A potato is me - by Jinx999 - 04-08-2020, 02:41 AM
RE: A potato is me - by classicdrogn - 04-08-2020, 05:22 AM
RE: A potato is me - by classicdrogn - 04-10-2020, 06:05 PM
RE: A potato is me - by classicdrogn - 04-12-2020, 12:02 AM
RE: A potato is me/cheap user experience upgrades - by classicdrogn - 05-11-2020, 10:53 AM