Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COVID-19 & US healthcare system - thread relapse
RE: COVID-19 & US healthcare system - thread relapse
(04-30-2020, 11:23 AM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: Really, when you look at this administration - everything they've been doing since eight o'clock day one - it's been the perfect storm version of "How Not To Run Your Federalist Country".

So, Darwinian Federalism continues in America.  To be fair, the feds really need those tests:

Capitol physician says Senate lacks capacity to test all 100 senators for COVID-19.  The Senate goes back into session on Monday.  I guess in some ways it's nice to see that the elite are fucked in America just like everyone else.  Unfortunately everyone else has it worse.

( @BA: Technically it was noon o'clock day one (eleven central) )
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
(04-30-2020, 10:21 PM)Labster Wrote:
(04-30-2020, 11:23 AM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: Really, when you look at this administration - everything they've been doing since eight o'clock day one - it's been the perfect storm version of "How Not To Run Your Federalist Country".

So, Darwinian Federalism continues in America.  To be fair, the feds really need those tests:

Capitol physician says Senate lacks capacity to test all 100 senators for COVID-19.  The Senate goes back into session on Monday.  I guess in some ways it's nice to see that the elite are fucked in America just like everyone else.  Unfortunately everyone else has it worse.

Yeah, my mom was just telling me about this over dinner.  It's sad that it's come to this, but I think that this is exactly what Trump likes to see - everyone at each other's throats so he thinks he can get away with what he's doing.

(04-30-2020, 10:21 PM)Labster Wrote: ( @BA: Technically it was noon o'clock day one (eleven central) )

Pffft.

Touche.
Fake Coronavirus Cure Liability (LegalEagle’s Law Review)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnrFSw48KOU

Possible legal liabilities for promoting fake cures

“We can never undo what we have done. We can never go back in time. We write history with our decisions and our actions. But we also write history with our responses to those actions. We can leave the pain and the damage in our wake, unattended, or we can do the work of acknowledging and fixing, to whatever extent possible, the harm that we have caused.”

— On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Danya Ruttenberg
And today in Michigan, pathetic white supremacists with little respect for guns once again demonstrate just how lucky they are to be white supremacists. Imagine if they'd been black, of disabled, or elderly...
We DO negotiate with terrorists after all, is that it?
Huh.
So ... if a bunch of armed liberals march on the White House, Trump will see them, talk to them, and make a deal?
Okay then.

.jpg   TrumpTweet.jpg (Size: 19.76 KB / Downloads: 251)
“We can never undo what we have done. We can never go back in time. We write history with our decisions and our actions. But we also write history with our responses to those actions. We can leave the pain and the damage in our wake, unattended, or we can do the work of acknowledging and fixing, to whatever extent possible, the harm that we have caused.”

— On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Danya Ruttenberg
Well, these are the sorts of people he claims are 'very fine'
(05-01-2020, 03:25 AM)Black Aeronaut Wrote:
(04-30-2020, 10:21 PM)Labster Wrote:

Yeah, my mom was just telling me about this over dinner.  It's sad that it's come to this, but I think that this is exactly what Trump likes to see - everyone at each other's throats so he thinks he can get away with what he's doing.

(04-30-2020, 10:21 PM)Labster Wrote: ( @BA: Technically it was noon o'clock day one (eleven central) )

Pffft.

Touche.

Nothing could be more corrosive to the base rule of law

A Government that seems to be providing disaster relief based upon which states are more likely to support it.
If it bothers to at all.
Local government that's now going to war with central government.
And then central government trying to insist local governments go bankrupt instead of default - probably because a defaulting government can choose who it pays, while a bankrupt one has that chosen by a judge.

People still support this shit and think it's a great idea.

Never in history has one government been such a collective clusterfuck. It's utterly boggling.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
Why Is SARS-CoV-2 So Contagious?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXfb2okvzds

Anti-vaxxers are joining the protests in greater numbers:
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/02/us/an...e=Homepage

And showing that history rhymes, here we have an article arguing that the “freedom from/to” argument expounded by the anti-lockdown protesters is just another strain of the ones used by the South before and during the War of Treason in Defense of Slavery.
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archiv...mp/611083/

Well a bunch of them do like waving the Confederate battle flag around...
--
‎noli esse culus

Read this and understand what we're fighting against, and why the ENTIRE GOP has GOT to go:
http://www.stonekettle.com/2020/05/danse-macabre.html

https://twitter.com/michaelefahey/status...81728?s=21

The fact that quarantine and isolation were much more common only a few generations ago is something we need to be reminded of more often.

Also, that anti-vaxers are hypocritical morons.
White House considers phasing out coronavirus task force

It seems that Mike Pence and Trump got bored and want to phase the coronavirus 'taskforce' so that they can get back to their criminal enterprises.

......... I really hope Biden wins this next election, but I'm not holding out any hope.
We have this yoke here who got tagged with the brainscorcher halfway through the US election and is currently mounting a constitutional challenge.

A prime candidate for a committal, methinks.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
(05-05-2020, 04:32 PM)Dartz Wrote: We have this yoke here who got tagged with the brainscorcher halfway through the US election and is currently mounting a constitutional challenge.

They just want to get the country back to work, because Arbeit macht frei.
(05-05-2020, 09:27 PM)Labster Wrote:
(05-05-2020, 04:32 PM)Dartz Wrote: We have this yoke here who got tagged with the brainscorcher halfway through the US election and is currently mounting a constitutional challenge.

They just want to get the country back to work, because Arbeit macht frei.

Ah yes, that protestor. She played at being stupid, but she knew exactly what she was doing.
(05-05-2020, 03:59 PM)SilverFang01 Wrote: White House considers phasing out coronavirus task force

It seems that Mike Pence and Trump got bored and want to phase the coronavirus 'taskforce' so that they can get back to their criminal enterprises.

Apparently, he's walking that back.

But that announcement and retraction gave him quite the smokescreen, didn't it? Almost nobody noticed that, at the same time, Trump fired a health inspector because she did her job.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Ah yes, that old trick, hiding an embarrassing news story by making another story that convinces voters you are objectively bad at your job. I wonder why more politicians don't try it?
Weird, normally when he fires people for doing their job properly, he doesn't bother hiding it because his cultists blame it on Obama anyway.
Usually, he proudly announces that he kicked that disloyal slacker to the curb for not putting enough effort into kissing his ass.
--
‎noli esse culus
Trump is a despicable human being.
https://twitter.com/davidbegnaud/status/...41216?s=21