Poll: Do we want a Discord server?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, please!
75.00%
3 75.00%
No, I don't wanna deal with that.
25.00%
1 25.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC]Do We Want a Discord Server?
RE: [OOC]Do We Want a Discord Server?
(05-08-2020, 06:18 PM)Labster Wrote: Wait, can I still change my vote?  Tongue
(05-08-2020, 07:17 PM)robkelk Wrote: Change only comes from within.

So your vote will have to change on its own. Smile

Well, I know it was mostly in jest, but still...

* Black Aeronaut goes to check the poll settings...

Nope, sorry.  While this polling system seems pretty versatile, that's about the one thing you can't do with it.

(05-08-2020, 04:37 PM)Mamorien Wrote: I'm in favor of a general DW Forums discord with TNB channels, myself.

Well, like I said, I did put the idea forward in the COVID-19 Check-In thread. But as I recall, that was mainly there as an idea for a quicker and easier means of checking-in.

Tell you guys what. I'll make a Discord Server, for sure... But I'll call it something like Callahan's Crosstime Saloon. (We can even have a bot called Callahan to automate a few things and make life easier in general for we who admin.) It will be primarily geared towards people with like interests to our own... Which would really be a catch all. Tongue

Off the top of my head, we could have a gaming section with channels for PC, Console, and Tabletop; a section for modeling with channels for Miniatures (Warhammer and its like), Gunpla, and All Others; a section on writing, with channels for Professional Writing and Fanfiction; a dedicated ATT channel - maybe even a few channels if we want an admin side and a 'public' side; and dedicated channels for major projects, such as TNB or whatever Drakensis or Fnord happen to be working on lately. Wink

But for now, I'll just make the server and drop Bob the invite link so he can put it someplace where everyone can see it. We can hash out the rest later on, as I imagine pretty much all the regular faces here (and even some of the irregulars) will have some kind of input.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC]Do We Want a Discord Server? - by Black Aeronaut - 05-09-2020, 03:26 AM
RE: [OOC]Do We Want a Discord Server? - by Dartz - 05-09-2020, 04:05 AM