Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dipping a toe into the world of Hi-Fi
RE: Dipping a toe into the world of Hi-Fi
[Image: bYlseBMl.jpg]

The next addition. Not much. A Bluetooth hookup to Alexa/Laptop/Phone. Also a 3.5mm jack connector for the phone - once I bolt a cradle to it.

Also tidied shit a little bit and re-arranged the room to give more space for it. The cables are fused in multiple ways so it's not going to burn despite looking a bit funky

I've 2 spare modes left to assign on this thing and I'm sort of at a loss for what to add. It already has a built-in FM tuner. At this point I'm just adding curios for shits and giggles. I can handle Analogue inputs, or SPDIF as needed. I'm out of Toslink inputs.

So anyway, I've got two ideas off the top of my head:
A DAT deck
A Minidisc deck

Also - because Alexa's hooked to it I can open the Spotify and rattle the absolute fuck out of people while I'm at work.

I also might need to build a proper power bus. There're twelve plugs and a USB needed to power this thing - most drawing less than an Amp.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.

Messages In This Thread
Dipping a toe into the world of Hi-Fi - by Dartz - 05-16-2020, 12:54 PM
RE: Dipping a toe into the world of Hi-Fi - by Dartz - 01-13-2022, 03:59 PM