Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unintended consequences? Acting on incel ideology defined as terrorism
RE: Unintended consequences? Acting on incel ideology defined as terrorism
I haven't been following the incels all that closely lately, but I did read Elliot Roger's manifesto back when he shot up IV.  Isla Vista is pretty close to home, so you know, I wanted to figure out what the hell he was thinking, and he generally started this whole movement with his attack.  Anyway, it's hard to say violence like this is not a political act, even though it's basically being perpetrated by people with some sort of mental problem -- most likely depression, but potentially others.  I think it's entirely possible to be sane and be a terrorist against an oppressive world power -- it depends on your point of view, but the oppression is definitely real.

Terrorism is a thoughtcrime.  It's purely about intent.  The intent of incel violence is clearly, clearly, to assert dominance over women, and to scare chads and staceys throughout society into submission.  It's a hate crime against women, and against "attractive" people.  It's almost certainly terrorism.

But that fact probably doesn't matter, because they are almost certainly insane.  And thus shouldn't get the standard punishments anyway.  If they were of sound mind they would do something like: (1) stop being a creep to actually attract women, or (2) pay for a prostitute, or (3) get a job and a real life friend, or (4) even trying the pickup artist bullshit which they totally hate for some reason.  Having a hot submissive girlfriend is not a human right, for fuck's sake.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Messages In This Thread
RE: Unintended consequences? Acting on incel ideology defined as terrorism - by Labster - 05-20-2020, 06:36 PM