Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COVID-19 and the Canadian healthcare system
RE: COVID-19 and the Canadian healthcare system
In Spain, when they sent the army in - they found the places abandoned and the dead still in their beds.

Here, we've had understaffing problems with the associated burnout issues. There've been some bad stories already. In generally, 60% of our fatalities have been in nursing homes - most of which are private and use rotating agency staff. The hospitals sent elderly patients who were in for minor things to nursing homes to care for them - and didn't both to test them for Covid since we had no test capacity. The instruction was to isolate them for 14 days and let that be the control.

It worked like floating a tea-light in a bucket of petrol.

As it was, it was an inevitability. With rotating agency staff, short staffing, a test regime that ran out of re-agent and PPE being prioritised for the intensive care areas.

It didn't help that the larger countries hoovered up the PPE and test agents foir themselves. But you know, those fat fuckers wants are more important than other people's needs.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: COVID-19 and the Canadian healthcare system - by Dartz - 05-27-2020, 04:12 PM