Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CNN Reporter arrested by state police while on air.
RE: CNN Reporter arrested by state police while on air.
(06-14-2020, 09:10 AM)classicdrogn Wrote: While I agree with most of that, being sexist and racist against straight white guys is not any better than the reverse, you know - equal wrongs is not the same as equal rights. It also means missing out on a lot of very good stories, though that's a side consideration at best.

Yeah, there's really only the consideration there of, "well, there's enough sexism and racism involved in the one direction" and the reverse doesn't have nearly as much of an effect. Or as Scalzi puts it, "lowest difficulty setting" which does mean that there's added advantages of that balancing out the response "in kind" from those on the higher difficulty settings. Reverse racism/sexism doesn't have nearly the effect some would argue that it does. Yeah, on the face of it you can still argue that it's a bad response, but I'm also not willing to argue it with the practitioners of it under the current circumstances of society. If things were much more in balance, I would, but not right now.
"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor

Messages In This Thread
RE: CNN Reporter arrested by state police while on air. - by LynnInDenver - 06-14-2020, 09:45 AM