Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New York Times opinion editor resigns
RE: New York Times opinion editor resigns
I mean, yeah, but the author and topic do matter, because it was a US Senator calling for violence against American citizens.  I mean, if it was a House member, I could see it.  There are 435 of those suckers and at least 20 of them are dead weight, but there are only 100 Senators and I thought we all agreed that Ted Cruz was the worst one and Rand Paul the annoying one.  It turns out another one is worse?

Just because the act of publishing something is newsworthy doesn't mean you should publish.  I wonder how much grief we could have saved if the news outlets never published Elliot Roger's manifesto.  It's a known vector for Virgin-Related Memetic Disorder.

But on this guy getting resigned, he goes from the not-reading to the post hoc public statements about how important it is other opinions to readers and other sanctimony.  And then he finally reads the thing and agrees to apologize.  Oopsies.

The first mistake was bad but forgivable, it's always the cover up where scorn is truly earned.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Messages In This Thread
RE: New York Times opinion editor resigns - by Labster - 06-11-2020, 05:21 AM