Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nintendo Switch Lite and games
RE: Nintendo Switch Lite and games
There's an easy solution to this, really. I don't see it happening, though, because goddamned fucking Laissez-faire Capitalism.

Basically, outfits like eBay limit the "Buy It Now" sale price of Nintendo Switch units to their MSRP. Reason being that I see it like selling a car - you can't just turn around the instant you leave the car lot and sell it to someone else with a 200% mark-up on the original sale price. The same should apply to consumer electronics (and really, it often does). "Wait, why is this dude selling their Switch? Is there something wrong with it?"

Now, if it's being auctioned, that's different. In that case it's the buyer who is setting the price. But even then, unless the seller is a big electronics retailer with sales grossing at.... Oh, I dunno, at least $100K/week? Then they will be obligated to sell it as a "used" product and not "brand new", and must include a disclaimer that they cannot guarantee that the product will be fully functional.

To me, this seems sensible. But we all know how economists that are calling the shots are - anything to milk people for everything they're worth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nintendo Switch Lite and games - by Black Aeronaut - 06-15-2020, 01:35 AM