Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Request increase in PM storage
RE: Request increase in PM storage
At least once, actually, and it increases my annual fee. My ISP has been bought out a couple of times, and the company they became only provides website space as an afterthought for grandfathered users like me. As a result, they don't go out of their way to support what they clearly regard as a very minor niche that has nothing to do with their modern core business (which is digital telephony and other comms service), which is the main reason there's no SSL support for the site. And when they do provide support and services, they charge for it out of proportion to the technology costs. Yes, storage is cheap. But to improve my service means a tech has to stop supporting the customers that actually provide the six-figure revenue, and they make me pay for it.

And yeah, I've looked into other providers. I just find myself unable to decide what's best and the best price for what I need.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....

Messages In This Thread
Request increase in PM storage - by Labster - 06-16-2020, 03:51 AM
RE: Request increase in PM storage - by robkelk - 06-16-2020, 06:13 AM
RE: Request increase in PM storage - by Labster - 06-21-2020, 07:29 PM
RE: Request increase in PM storage - by Bob Schroeck - 06-22-2020, 07:33 AM