Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
potter bunny(ies)
potter bunny(ies)
Here's a thought inspired by a line in a fanfic I'm currently reading:

Young Harry was left on the doorstep at No.4, and found when Petunia went out to collect the milkman's delivery. Even a single day's observation from outside the house had let Minnie McG realize what sort of folk they were, a milkman might not have the concentrated duration but he'd see the folks on his route on the regular, and likely talk to them in a gossip-Gertie neighborhood like Privet Drive. Any decent human being, on finding a toddler abandoned on a doorstep should call the bloody coppers, or at least bring him out of the November morning air, not just leave him to be found. The Creepy brothers' father was a milkman. (There may have been some "somebody else's problem" charm on Harry for anyone-not-Petunia but set that aside for the nonce, or say Creevy Sr. was just under the degree of magical enough to have gotten a Hogwash letter himself but had enough to resist it.) Put all these together and I ask you - What if Harry Potter had been raised as an older brother to Colin and Dennis? Of course, we've all seen a plethora of minor variations on "Harry raised by a different family" by now, but if anyone has a new twist on how to run that but lacked a way to get the skrewt to blast off, well, here you are.

edit: Also I am now considering skrewts or skrewt-derived potions as part of a magical space program. KSP/HP anyone? Tongue
--
‎noli esse culus
RE: potter bunny(ies)
(06-25-2020, 05:54 PM)classicdrogn Wrote: ... gotten a Hogwash letter ...

Don't hold back - tell us what you really think of the place. Smile
--
Rob Kelk

Since it's an election year in the USA: How to Immigrate to Canada, direct from the Government of Canada's website. "How you can immigrate to Canada, how to protect yourself from fraud and what to expect after you arrive in Canada."
I think Autocorrupt got me again, is what I think Tongue
--
‎noli esse culus
A reasonable choice for the name of a hidden platform bettwen platforms 9 and 10 is platform 9 1/2.

Platform 9 3/4 is a reasonable choice for a name for a platform between platforms 9 1/2 and 10.

What happened to platform 9 1/2?
Perhaps that is the platform for trips to planet ten?
For that matter, what happened to Platform 9¼?
--
Rob Kelk

Since it's an election year in the USA: How to Immigrate to Canada, direct from the Government of Canada's website. "How you can immigrate to Canada, how to protect yourself from fraud and what to expect after you arrive in Canada."