Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Court says Canada's asylum agreement with US infringes Canadian Constitutional rights
RE: Court says Canada's asylum agreement with US infringes Canadian Constitutional rights
(07-26-2020, 05:58 PM)Rajvik Wrote: Hazard, it is extremely rare for a US citizen to go to another country without already having permission to do so either as a visitor, (tourist visa) to work, (work visa) or to permanently move there, (immigration visa). You are comparing apples to oranges so to speak.

Right... and I suppose that all that military personnel on invasion liberation and occupation peace keeping duties the USA has had and still has wandering the globe were and are all there with the permission of the relevant national authorities? I have my doubts.

Leaving that aside, either everybody benefits from the protection of the law, or nobody benefits from the protection of the law. Because as has been amply demonstrated throughout history time and again 'this person' can easily become 'that person' and 'those people' have no rights. Europe still remembers the last time shit like that happened, the Yugoslavian civil war isn't that old, and for all that the last living memory of it is dying off, we also remember a time some 80 years ago now. And we'd rather not see a repeat.

The USA on the other hand seems eager to repeat its failures time and again and again and again and again. They learn nothing every time something happens that shows the oaths and promises the USA make as worthless and hollow. Not unless blood is spilled in the streets. And very often, not even then.

(07-26-2020, 05:58 PM)Rajvik Wrote: as to your other part actually per US and international refugee law yes it does. now granted that is a more recent change that, yes, the Trump administration forced through, but the point is that there usually is somewhere safer to go to than where you are. The fact that where you are in the interim is:
A) safer than where you were
B) is in a different country than where you were
does actually matter.

So I suppose that refugees fleeing gun violence in Argentina but are now in Mexico will per permitted entry? Because according to Wikipedia Argentina, Paraguay, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Chile and Peru are all safer from gun related death than the USA are, but Mexico is more dangerous than the USA. That does not sound safer to me.

(07-26-2020, 05:58 PM)Rajvik Wrote: 2-yes it has, and you can keep the draft dodging bastards, just be so kind as to send back the murdering anarchists to that they can stand proper trial

I''m sure Canada would be happy to send those right wing extremist nutcases back to the USA for trial and detention.

(07-26-2020, 05:58 PM)Rajvik Wrote: 3-Its one of those quid-pro-quo things that tend to happen, because once they are IN THE COUNTRY people like the ACLU scream bloody damn murder when they DON'T get the same rights, and considering we cant tell just by looking at someone that they aren't a citizen we have to afford them those rights until such time that we can get around the ACLU, which is extremely rare and then people like you, NOTE I SAID LIKE YOU, still raise hell about it.

Yes because it's not as if the USA has ever mistakenly deported its own citizens. Oh, wait, that actually happens. And keeps happening, because the federal government is apparently shit at recognizing its own citizens.

(07-26-2020, 05:58 PM)Rajvik Wrote: 4-Here you are being intentionally facetious, or are too dense for me to do anything but be as blunt as a 20 kilo sledge hammer, TRAIN ACCESS AT THE BORDER CROSSING, MIGRANTS GET ON AND THEN RIDE TO CANADA BORDER WHERE THEY DISEMBARK AND YOU DEAL WITH THEM!

Now why would Canada do that when those people so desperately want to go to the promised land that is the USA?

(07-26-2020, 05:58 PM)Rajvik Wrote: Finally-No, not bigotry just callousness. i dont care where the fuck they come from, there are enough people here already that need to be earning their own damn way and the only way thats going to happen is if those start working those low level jobs to get them used to actually WORKING instead of being catered to because they think they are special. Maybe it's because of my upbringing, but ii have never seen anything wrong with working entry level or starting over from scratch when everything goes tits up. shit happens and you get the government you vote for. make a difference in your own damn country, don't come crying to me because you either through your apathy or your greed turned it into a shithole.

Well, that explains why I don't want to go the USA.

Apathy and greed has turned into a shithole. Don't come crying to me when you finally realize it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Court says Canada's asylum agreement with US infringes Canadian Constitutional rights - by hazard - 07-26-2020, 07:00 PM