Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RWBY Volume Eight
RWBY Volume Eight
Let's inaugurate this new thread with a teaser clip released at the Rooster Teeth Comic-Con panel:

-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
RE: RWBY Volume Eight
RWBY AMV - American Pie
Another teaser, courtesy of MurderofBirds, arguably Rooster Teeth's favorite reactor:

-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
A really good Ruby cosplay
https://imgur.com/a/or8tm
--
‎noli esse culus
The official first teaser trailer, released almost exactly an hour ago as I type this:

-- Bob

Nothing much new there.  Cinder has the Lamp, okay.  We figured she gets it.  VO says she wants to take over the world, yeah, knew that too.  Saw the lightcycles on the previous sneak peeks.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
Is S8 still on track to go? From the hollywood news that pops up occasionally in my uTater recs Rooster Teeth is getting torn to bits after being bought by Warner.
--
‎noli esse culus
Frankly, I stopped listening to most RT doomsayers. They're mostly unconfirmed information or outright lies.
Turns out Volume 8 was not cancelled, because the first episode aired today (RTFIRST only for a week, as usual). What a surprise!

If you're in a good mood for today, I'd put off watching. There's some interparty conflict, and of course we didn't start from such a good place at the end of the previous season. And... not much happened yet. Salem is up to evil. The party gets back together, then splits up. There was a discretion shot that I wish they had actually shown.
Eh, the interparty conflict is all reasonable and good. Neo is wondering when she got roped into a cult. And Ironwood is continuing his purge of anyone that might call him out.
A new RWBY Chibi for Halloween
(11-08-2020, 12:21 AM)Matrix Dragon Wrote: Eh, the interparty conflict is all reasonable and good. Neo is wondering when she got roped into a cult. And Ironwood is continuing his purge of anyone that might call him out.

I know, Neo gets to Salem's throne room, sees the crazy, and just decides to keep her mouth shut.
...not that anything would come out if she opened it. But she's definitely having major second thoughts starting from the moment Cinder took all the credit.
-- Bob

sketch animation of a RWBY Q&A panel (a few years ago), specifically of someone asking the question:
Does Yang's new arm have a vibration fucntion? (Barb had fun answering)

New Grimm! And it's the stuff of nightmares.
The Atlas jail is getting pretty crowded. Atlas Military Prisons motto: the beatings will continue until morale improves.

My main reaction was that episode 2 was definitely written in Austin in 2020.
It's episode 3 and I'm all charged up!

Quote:Blake: Heh. Did Penny just figure that out before you did?
Ruby: Like, she knew you were a faunus before I did.
Blake was getting the full Dr. McCoy treatment this episode, wasn't she? <grin>
-- Bob

No bones about it!
<rimshot>
-- Bob

Episode 4: A vibe that reminds me of The OA, then a Star Wars pod racing scene with more grimm. Oh, and Ren is on his period.
Ren's trauma is finally well and truly coming loose.
Episode 5 is called "Amity".  So what is the Amity Horror?

Quote:Come and listen to my story about a man named Jaune
Lost in the tundra, out and hardly gettin' on
And then one day Ren was sunken in a mood
And up through the ground come a bubblin crude.

Grimm, that is.  Black souled, Salem tea.

Though maybe I should have gone with: Grimm river, wider than a mile...
Neo's weakness has been found: People smaller and sassier then her.