Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firefox, why is Mozilla so retarded?
Firefox, why is Mozilla so retarded?
And there's been a new update to firefox and the inbred halfwits at Mozilla have decided to change the look again. For some reason the dimwits are obsessed with the idea we like stupid changes in the look of our software.

In particular, they've decided to make the spacing in the bookmarks folder take up half the page.

Fine, I thought, if they're going to be that stupid, I'm going to go back to a previous version until there's a workaround.

Except I couldn't use my current settings with the old version, because they're assholes. And I had to hit create new profile to get the software to work.

Which means I was dealing with an entirely new installation of firefox, which didn't have my bookmarks, logins, fitted security add ons or any of my settings at all.

After a perfectly logical and reasonable panic attack and screams of rage, I was able to Google the location of the profiles and find my old one still existed. I promptly backed it up.

I wasn't able to copy it into the new profile folders, but I was able to reinstall the borked up new version and use my old profile. No thanks to the so called programmers and designers at mozilla. All the cheesy stink, but tastes of shit. And I was able to get back to running firefox with the bookmark menu fucked up by a bunch of idiots.

Hopefully some real programmers who know user friendlyness from their own assholes will have a work around for this latest stinking incompetence soon.
RE: Firefox, why is Mozilla so retarded?
The spacing issue is quite simple: everybody uses smartphones now, nobody uses computers any more, and fingers are big. Or at least that's what Mozilla appears to believe.

Yes, it is annoying...
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Which version of 'fox is this? I didn't notice any difference in 90.0.2 and pamac says I'm current, but if they actually didn't roll out that kind of change on a round number I want to know so I can uncheck updating it when the change does propogate down.
--
‎noli esse culus
This is why I went with Brave and never looked back.
I was using Waterfox for a while but then they went ahead and rolled in the same changes I'd switched to avoid, so it was easier to just use FF on the new system. Any browser that lacks a form history feature or plugin is not going to cut it; I've lost too many long forum posts to janky connections to tolerate the lack after it was finally addressed, and that ten or fifteen years ago now.
--
‎noli esse culus
(08-10-2021, 05:07 PM)classicdrogn Wrote: Which version of 'fox is this? I didn't notice any difference in 90.0.2 and pamac says I'm current, but if they actually didn't roll out that kind of change on a round number I want to know so I can uncheck updating it when the change does propogate down.

Yeah, here's the rub... since so many people apparently don't use actual bookmarks from the menu... since clearly hiding the menus isn't enough to get us to stop using the bookmarks menu itself (I have three desktop installs, and have reenabled menus in ALL of them), clearly working at making it more useless for desktop users until we give it up is the order of the day.

That said, on my end it's just more aesthetically unpleasing than making the whole menu completely useless. About all it will encourage me to do is to do a much needed purge of bookmarks. About the only way they're going to get me to give up on that menu is to actually TAKE IT AWAY LIKE EVERYONE ELSE ALREADY HAS. That was the principal thing that made me drop Opera as a browser was that they took away the bookmarks menu and I couldn't find a way to get it back. My current secondary browser is Pale Moon.
"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor
I personally abide by Vivaldi.