Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stupid dialog, free to a good home
RE: Stupid dialog, free to a good home
Like many of the fragmentary ideas I post, this originated in a dream, one that crossed over Real Ghostbusters and allegedly Shantae (mentioned in dialogue only) with some superheroes nominally based in X-Men (or at least wearing a costume based on it) but with no recognizable characters, and generic supernatural brain-snarfin'-alien body snatchers obsessed with contracts. Earlier details are therefore obscure, but for some reason Peter's secondary, alien contracted mindscape personification when they went in to resist and remove the possessing brain-slug beasties' influence was a pretty, long-haired woman and removing the alien required giving up the weapon it had granted her, a sword in the real world but whippy hair (the Shantae bit) in mental space for some reason. This for some reason made her entire head of metallic silver hair vanish when she agreed, plucked out one, and gave it to them, which is where the only actual Peter Venkman connection comes in, as he asked "Wait, this isn't going to make me go bald in real life is it? My hair's thin enough on its own already!" which is more live action Peter than RGB animated, but whatever. And her answer was a cold, narrow-eyed "No," while Egon interjected with a line about the loss of hair or teeth being common dream imagery for fears about losing the power for self-determination, like the giant dork he (especially RGB's blond version of Egon) is.

One of the superhero-side protag party members had a brother or something who had been previously captured and brain-slugged and was sent to delay them, for some reason (it was a dream, okay?) he didn't have any particular combat ability and could not-act as disobedience but couldn't just let them progress. Another of the party members was some kind of android with built in sensors and a very precise attacking ability that could project as a fine line from a fingertip. It may have been the co-opted weapon/single plucked hair from earlier; I have that impression though the actual details have faded. What hasn't though, is robot guy (Who wasn't ST:TNG Data, but spoke and acted in a similar way) offering to attempt to remove the brain slug by force:

"Its position is such that attempting surgical removal would require cause massive brain damage, but a sufficiently precise piercing attack from the other direction could remove it. However, there is a slight risk of fatal harm if the attempt is unsuccessful."

"So you're offering me the option of freedom or quick death? I'll take it."

"Brother, no!"

"You know why you're here. You know what they do. This is my decision."

"Very well. I will attempt to cause the absolute minimum of damage."

(It succeeds, of course.)

That bit may have been an inter-cut of the RL side party while mindscape shenanigans were ongoing? It wasn't clear at the time let alone now, because, again, dream-logic, nuttier than the memetic Insane Troll Logic.

The really good bit, though, was right before I woke up, when they found Winston's second/alien contracted self. This is the exchange I actually bothered to write all this down for:

"Hold on a minute. Your side of the supposed contract is the ability to cooperate with my friends? That's bull shit, working together with the guys is a skill I earned myself, by actually working with them for the past couple years. Your contract is invalid, now get out of my head."

"My power makes your timing perfect, your coordination superhuman! Mere mortal skill can't begin to compare!"

"Been human all my life, it's not so bad. Do it."
--
‎noli esse culus

Messages In This Thread
Stupid dialog, free to a good home - by robkelk - 08-19-2020, 05:25 PM
RE: Stupid dialog, free to a good home - by ksai - 11-24-2022, 06:09 PM
RE: Stupid dialog, free to a good home - by Ebony - 10-16-2020, 01:23 PM
RE: Stupid dialog, free to a good home - by classicdrogn - 10-31-2020, 10:04 AM
RE: Stupid dialog, free to a good home - by ksai - 11-17-2021, 11:07 PM
RE: Stupid dialog, free to a good home - by STMPD - 11-11-2021, 06:24 PM
RE: Stupid dialog, free to a good home - by ksai - 11-24-2022, 06:15 PM
RE: Stupid dialog, free to a good home - by Dartz - 07-09-2023, 06:07 AM