Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wear Your Mask - COVID-19 Thread II
RE: Wear Your Mask - COVID-19 Thread II
(08-27-2020, 04:27 PM)classicdrogn Wrote: It'll be out on a streaming service ere long anyway. Or other places, and likely even sooner, if you don't mind getting caught wearing a patch and parrot if you win the lottery and the Party Van pulls up.

Yeah, don't tempt me... I think I'd be mildly justified doing it that way given the way they're trying to return to the old normal, and I don't think we're going back to that regardless at this point, especially if it's in the middle of next year with two more case spikes behind us. I'm becoming disinclined to spend money with particular market segments that are trying to do the "it's safe now, go ahead and stick your heads in the sand," especially given that I'm already out of some of the events that I like to do (the last con of the year here for me, Mile Hi Con, is already set up to just be virtual, and I'm not holding out hope for next year's events at the rate things have been going... and my model club hasn't been able to meet for almost six months now, I've been to the store it's held at once since the lockdown started to lift) One of the tavern association has a lawsuit going basically saying the last call move up was not justified with sufficient evidence and that it's a death sentence for their businesses, so I'm not inclined to go anywhere near that subset of restaurants even after I feel it's safe for me and my own. I haven't heard of the barcades participating in it (yet), so I'll be willing to patronize the survivors (I know we're going to lose businesses in that space) once I feel comfortable doing that sort of indoor recreation.

Theaters were low on my list of places to go in general, anyway. We've actually tended to prefer going to places like the Alamo for our movie outings, but that falls under the "restaurant" category and I'm really not comfortable going indoors to eat right now. I'm already uncomfortable enough while wearing a mask, anything mask-free is really not an option.

Obviously, I haven't (to my knowledge) gotten infected, and I'd like it to stay that way.
"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wear Your Mask - COVID-19 Thread II - by LynnInDenver - 08-27-2020, 05:12 PM
RE: Wear Your Mask - COVID-19 Thread II - by aku - 01-06-2022, 10:06 AM