Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wear Your Mask - COVID-19 Thread II
RE: Wear Your Mask - COVID-19 Thread II
Yeah, we're watching the numbers tick back up here (thanks to inconsiderate college students back in school, no less; Boulder told people in the 18-22 range that they can't do gatherings at all, to please stay the fuck home for the time being). We went from hovering around 140 hospitalizations to about 160 the past week. The colleges are struggling to get their student bodies to recognize that the parties can't happen, although it's also quite likely to be just a minority being "it won't affect me" assholes insisting they should be able to socialize in a pre-COVID way, but it's still threatening to undo what reopening we've been able to do.

They're finally allowing the barcades to reopen here (with otherwise similar restrictions to elsewhere) - at least they haven't done anything worse than make noise about having to be closed for so long. Me and mine don't feel comfortable being out in social scenarios involving complete strangers right now, and that feeling keeps being reinforced at the grocery store, so there you go, I hope they make it through, although by the point we feel more comfortable we may be beyond the desire to relive the arcade experience, along with many other things we used to do.

I'm about to buy at least one cheap webcam to send to someone else as a gift, so that I can see the other people in the D&D campaign instead of just hear them.
"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wear Your Mask - COVID-19 Thread II - by LynnInDenver - 09-24-2020, 08:46 PM
RE: Wear Your Mask - COVID-19 Thread II - by aku - 01-06-2022, 10:06 AM