Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wear Your Mask - COVID-19 Thread II
RE: Wear Your Mask - COVID-19 Thread II
General eligibility opens for us here in Colorado this Friday. And my husband and I already have an appointment on Saturday to get the first jab. Given that we don't have any anti-vaccer friends (many are scheduled or already have shot #1 in them)... gods willing we'll be able to finally have friends over to our house starting in May.

I will refer to the period in about six weeks as "lockdown lite"... we're still not doing a lot of "out of the house" stuff even once we're vaccinated. But at least we can socialize.

And yeah, the despair is real. We've hit another "floor" in hospitalizations and the positivity rate, and it's still not down where it was in the lull last year. So vaccination is literally the only way those numbers are going to finally tail off... oh, hey, at least we'll finally see how many anti-vaccine folks we really do have, and maybe we can finally have the hard discussion about at what level is avoiding vaccines no longer considered acceptable?
"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wear Your Mask - COVID-19 Thread II - by LynnInDenver - 03-30-2021, 06:58 AM
RE: Wear Your Mask - COVID-19 Thread II - by aku - 01-06-2022, 10:06 AM