Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wear Your Mask - COVID-19 Thread II
RE: Wear Your Mask - COVID-19 Thread II
Yeah, that's mapped neatly to what we saw when we were out this last Sunday. Colorado lifted the mask mandate statewide fairly recently. Sunday was our first day going out to do anything - mostly just trading some stuff at the indie media store up north of us. Mask wearing indoors doesn't seem to have changed that much. I noted the same thing today stopping by a thrift store before my dental appointment, I think I saw ONE unmasked face the past few days that wasn't a friend we were visiting at home who also happened to be fully vaccinated.

Most of us with any real sense have been taking a "wait and see" approach to the whole thing. I'm not stopping wearing a mask out to public venues anytime soon. We're not visiting restaurants for sit-down food service until potentially November. Even when I pick up a friend this coming Sunday (first D&D in over a year we'll be doing it in person), I'll have a mask along just in case.

In other words, some people have already (and perhaps permanently) changed their habits in response to this thing, and it's going to take more than a politician saying "it's over now, back to old normal" for people to start considering old habits. I really doubt that it's "lockdown had no impact". It's likely the combination of habit modification and vaccinations that's kept the case numbers dropping.
"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wear Your Mask - COVID-19 Thread II - by LynnInDenver - 05-24-2021, 08:45 PM
RE: Wear Your Mask - COVID-19 Thread II - by aku - 01-06-2022, 10:06 AM