Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wear Your Mask - COVID-19 Thread II
RE: Wear Your Mask - COVID-19 Thread II
(08-28-2021, 05:27 PM)Labster Wrote: Remember back early in the pandemic when people tried hydroxychloroquine and other fun things that maybe cure covid?  Well, here's this morning's tweet from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration:

@US_FDA Wrote:You are not a horse. You are not a cow. Seriously, y'all. Stop it.

Invectin is probably okay for uma musume, though.

I liked a coworker's idea. Start a rumor among the vaccine doubters that the FDA has been hiding the horse drug in the vaccine.

I don't like that I've been getting some nice schadenfreude from the folks who have bought into the death cult's lies. But when they do stuff like try to hunt down horse deworming medications, drink bleach, or that guy who was (past tense, in every way) the head of an anti-mask/fauxdemic group in Texas demonstrates why some of the senior death cult party are now worrying about whether killing off some of their most ardent supporters is a good idea... It gets a little hard not to have that schadenfreude.

And apparently the Lincoln Project is still a thing. They've put out a new spot under the title, Pro Life?, that runs through Florida covid statistics for school age children and then ends with a snippet of DeSantis bragging at CPAC about how states like his are showing up 'those lockdown states'. Of course I'm in another of the states run by a member of the death cult so my schadenfreude here is a bit blunted knowing that our governor sees DeSantis as a role model.

Although apparently our governor ended up leaving some loopholes in his prohibition on anything even vaguely state or local government related because the legal office for my employer looked over his executive order and drafted up a new safety order for us. So all the mask requirements and safety rules were only down for about two weeks and are now back in full force with the legal office pretty much going, "Come at us, Bro. We'll be happy to replace the state funding that's been cut over the years with court awards instead."

On a more personal level, my sister and I are doing okay. Our drastic reduction in fast food has probably been good for us and having done almost a year of work from home for anything but absolutely must be done in person work (and even now work from home 3 out of 5 workdays) has meant I've spent a lot less on junk over lunch hours. Of course I ended up dropping much of that savings into a pricey car repair but, yeah.
Will the transhumanist future have catgirls? Does Japan still exist? Well, there is your answer.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wear Your Mask - COVID-19 Thread II - by LilFluff - 08-31-2021, 11:51 AM
RE: Wear Your Mask - COVID-19 Thread II - by aku - 01-06-2022, 10:06 AM