Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wear Your Mask - COVID-19 Thread II
RE: Wear Your Mask - COVID-19 Thread II
Identical twins did everything together, except get vaccinated.  Guess what happened next.  Spoilers: one of them died.

careful Wrote:The group of 10 employees had been careful throughout the pandemic, Bobby said. Folks were given time off to visit physicians and get tested for COVID-19. Four were vaccinated.

[Image: E94S4SUX0AA0fNO?format=jpg&name=4096x4096]

The problem with saying "I accept the risks" is that it's really "I accept the risks on behalf of myself and all people I come in contact with".  That the freedom they desire is an imposition on others.  I suppose that's true in most cases of freedoms -- freedom of speech means in some cases freedom to force people to listen, at least for a while, as they pass your billboard or cross your picket line.

So really, I think it's a case of not understanding the risk, or not putting equal weight on the risk as other people do.  Most of the liberty they want is the liberty to die, which is typical Ur-Fascism.  If death around you is not such a big deal, if your own death is not such a big deal (you're going to Heaven after all), then why are the masks even necessary?
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wear Your Mask - COVID-19 Thread II - by Labster - 09-06-2021, 03:32 PM
RE: Wear Your Mask - COVID-19 Thread II - by aku - 01-06-2022, 10:06 AM