Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wear Your Mask - COVID-19 Thread II
RE: Wear Your Mask - COVID-19 Thread II
I think it was the hope springs eternal about people actually doing what would have been needed, which would have been complete lockdown, make it die out by isolating it long enough that all the carriers are no longer capable of spreading it, and we could have gotten back to normal. Unfortunately, we were already past that; even New Zealand was finding that it was impossible to stamp out, given they were still seeing outbreaks, albeit small ones, probably from it having gotten into the animal population and thus jumping back whenever the opportunity arises.

Unfortunately, being an invisible threat, the human species already is incredibly incapable of taking it as seriously as it should have been, and then there's the continued politicization of the idea of taking any precautions. We're starting to really show the strain here in my house of having to still deal with this thing, since we're among the group that's still taking precautions, yet too many people around us treating this so cavalierly that we're very much feeling like the only person in the team that's doing almost all the work on the project.

We want to go to conventions. We want to go to arcades. We want to go to parties with our friends. We want to sit down at restaurants to eat. And we can't, at least not more than once every couple of months, because we can't trust enough people to have done the work to enable it. And I know that the same forces making it political will also fight the necessary need to start reviewing what constitutes reasonable event sizes and reasonable adjustments to determining an appropriate occupancy of spaces by incorporating ventilation as part of the review process.

BTW, I wouldn't be surprised if we're pretty close to the German prediction in that everyone here in Colorado is Vaccinated, Recovering, or Dead.
"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wear Your Mask - COVID-19 Thread II - by LynnInDenver - 12-12-2021, 11:31 AM
RE: Wear Your Mask - COVID-19 Thread II - by aku - 01-06-2022, 10:06 AM